Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Landowner BS... guess I’m looking for a lease.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang sheep... they the root of all evil.

Comment

Truth is none of this should have ever been on a public forum. Makes all hunters look bad

Comment

There is both sides of the story and then there's the truth.

If the family was just watching the deer how was a cull missed by them the day before? Both of those can't be true

Comment

Clear as mud.

Comment

I want some deer tamales

Comment

In

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Had a very similar problem on my wife’s family land. Simple version:
                1) FIL felt he should be able to use the cabin when hunters were not there and at times dictate when they could be based on him wanting to use the cabin.
                2) Family friend that had the cattle lease felt that he could do whatever he wanted on the ranch regardless of hunters OR OWNERS.
                3) FIL felt that cattle friend and family could hunt whenever they wanted.

Did I mention that the hunting brought in about $1500 more per year than the cattle lease and the hunters took better care of the land.

I stayed out of this mess until FIL passed away. Then the following action was taken:
                1) We included the exclusive use of the cabin to the 4 hunters for an additional $4800($400 month) - all utilities and maintenance included. They and their families were welcome anytime and they were very considerate of this arrangement.
                2) The “cattle guy” was thrown off as soon as his lease expired. Nothing ****** me off more than him acting like he was the landowner and my FIL letting it happen (longtime friend).
                3) Set aside a 120+ acre pasture that was for the exclusive use of family hunting. The remaining 700 acres was exclusively for the hunters.

This worked great with no problems and everyone happy. Their kids grew up and a couple of them moved out of state so the remaining g guys gave it up. With a growing family ourselves we decide to no longer lease the hunting rights and use it exclusively for the family.

Just my 0.2.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  There is both sides of the story and then there's the truth.
                  Exactly what I'm thinking, and judging by what's been posted from both sides if you draw a line in the middle then OP still has a legitimate beef. I'm hoping for lots most posts for clarification.

Comment

I want some deer tamales
                    Haha! My mother used to make up to a 100 dozen in a day.... one day. She’s slowed down some now but she has folks who have been buying from her for over 30 years.

Comment

I want some deer tamales
                      What's with the tamale hunter slang?

Comment

Steve, sounds like a great lease. I'm looking for a place for me and my two sons out that way. Too early? [emoji5]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

The pie storage in the refrigerator isn’t a big deal. Having family members hunt paying lease members stands and shooting “cull bucks” is a problem. I side with the OP so far. Unless it was OK’d by all of the lease paying members, it’s not ok for family members to hunt the property.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoootLow View Post
                              Not a good situation. I would wait until the last minute to tell them you are getting off. Make sure you get your stuff and get out after you fill your tags. Agree on locking stands. Would keep any trail camera pics of family in your spots to justify not paying any money owed.
                              After this thread I am sure the LO knows by now. Seems like at least one TBHer knows the family and property.

I'm sure phones have been buzzing. To the OP best of luck in your situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Deer Tamales View Post
                                Haha! My mother used to make up to a 100 dozen in a day.... one day. She’s slowed down some now but she has folks who have been buying from her for over 30 years.

If she has time PM me. I'd love to have her make some. Good luck on finding another lease by the way. I hope it all works out.

Comment

Working...
                                X