Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Landowner BS... guess I’m looking for a lease.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love me some deer lease drama...tag!!

Comment

Originally posted by StevePlemons View Post
      So there are two sides to every story...here is what really happened here. I am the son in law of the land owner. The land owner for one lives on the ranch. This “deer tamale”been in this group for three years, but the majority of this group has been hunting here for 12-15 years. I have been helping my father in law for 23 years. The land owner, my father in law, is a great man that respects what his hunters have leased. We have had a great relationship with these guys. So let me set some facts straight:
      1: we had thanksgiving at the ranch as we always do and our refrigerator was full, we put 2 pies in the hunters cabin (which we built and put in the fridge). There was no one there at the time. One of the hunters came in late Wednesday night after we went to sleep. Once we saw they were back from hunting the next morning we went and got the pies out.
      2: DeerTamale was not even there. The guys had no issues.
      3: i asked the hunter who was there if he minded if I took my niece to set in a blind, her father does not hunt and she wanted to go and look at the deer. The hunter said that was great and told me where he was going and we went to the opposite side of the ranch. Not to shoot a deer but to be in the outdoors.
      4. My father in law raises sheep, we are lambing right now and have a coyote problem. Therefore we scheduled the helicopter when no one would be there so we didn’t mess their hunt up. We had already moved a date due to working around our hunters schedule. Also, the after the helicopter flew I watched 8 bucks, 3 mature at a feeder from on top of a hill. It did not seem to effect them
      5. As far as fences go, again this is a working ranch. We are replacing all of our fences. Maybe deer tamale shouldn’t have his feeder so close to the property line.
      6. So deer tamale. If you have want to bash someone why don’t you get the facts straight. Everything you mentioned was about half of the story. If you would like to visit with me further here is my number. 432-664-2204.
      I would love to further discuss this subject with you, son in law. You are correct in that i wasn’t at the lease, I mentioned that in my original post. However, the lease member who showed up with his family on Wednesday is a good friend, neighbor, and I asked him to join the lease this season. He contacted me and asked me what was the deal about family hunting the lease and explained to me more about what was going on. Nothing of which had been relayed to paying hunters. You say now nobody was hunting deer but it was shared that a cull was missed the day before? I’ll believe my lease member on this one. I’m all about having kiddos in the outdoors. That’s the reason I joined the lease, I have a 5 & 3 year old and thought this lease would be a good place for them to get their first deer when they were old enough. The top it off, a nice house was included as part of the lease agreement since travel trailers aren’t allowed. You say I came on here bashing and that’s not the case at all, I was sharing my frustrations on a public hunting forum but someone knew exactly what property I was talking about, I find that interesting.
      Fences and helicopters: the general season lasts about 9 weeks and this can’t be taken care of throughout the rest of the year? Pig eradication by helicopter would provide better results when the leaves have fallen anyways. I understand it’s a working ranch but it’s also an income generating deer lease. The fences are cross fences for sheep so feeders shouldn’t be placed near that? Makes zero sense.

Again, my post wasn’t to bash anyone but we can certainly further discuss this in person. No keyboard warrior here.

-Adrian

Comment

I really don’t see how anyone was thrown under the bus when no names where given. Basically by responding to this post and saying you know the landowner or your the son in law is throwing his name out there. I am sure things will get resolved and I hope they do but to be truthful about everything if I spent my hard earned money on a lease, spent countless hours away from my family filling feeders and prepping blinds, and then hunting season starts and the LO family comes hunts it I wouldn’t be a happy camper. Why not lease out 5000 acres and keep 700 for his family to enjoy? Also there are way better way to kill coyotes such as trapping and I am sure any of the guys on the lease would be more than happy to help with that but if you never thought there would be kick back on flying a helicopter during hunting season all over the ranch then that’s your fault. I do hope things get resolved on both sides...happy holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmiles84 View Post
          Who would of thought that both parties are texasbowhunter members lol

Kinda funny and not so funny at the same time. I look at green screen every day during hunting season. I hunt another property that is in the family and keep about half of it for my boys and I. We all share blinds and I provide blinds, feeders, and pay my share of corn and protein. It's a great situation for both my family and our hunters. It works! I and enjoy what others are doing and what they are harvesting.

I have to admit I was really disappointed reading this due to on both ranches we have had the same hunters for a long time and have not had any real problems. Then get blasted due to this guy telling only half of what really happened. Our hunters pay about half the going rate and know they have a great thing, therefore they take care or the property. We encourage families to get kids out of the city and enjoy the outdoors while hunting.

Comment

Sounds like an apology is in order, not a defense. You will likely feel better if you clear the air with the land owner, not defend yourself on a public forum.

Comment

Kinda funny and not so funny at the same time. I look at green screen every day during hunting season. I hunt another property that is in the family and keep about half of it for my boys and I. We all share blinds and I provide blinds, feeders, and pay my share of corn and protein. It's a great situation for both my family and our hunters. It works! I and enjoy what others are doing and what they are harvesting.

I have to admit I was really disappointed reading this due to on both ranches we have had the same hunters for a long time and have not had any real problems. Then get blasted due to this guy telling only half of what really happened. Our hunters pay about half the going rate and know they have a great thing, therefore they take care or the property. We encourage families to get kids out of the city and enjoy the outdoors while hunting.
              You just said it yourself, keep a portion for the family then and go on and there won’t be any issues. You obviously retained about half of that place to make it fair for everyone. Have a spot on that place for me?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Leddy View Post
                I am pretty sure I know this family and know them well. They are a very very respectable people that both live on and work their ranches and the family has done so for Over 100 years. I am sure they would love to sit with you face to face to hear and work through your concerns.

Please clarify a little bit before throwing them under the bus.

Do you feel they built the fences just to mess you up? Or maybe an old one needed replacing? They are sheep ranchers, the first sign of Pig or coyote a helicopter is dispatched. Not to uncommon I don’t feel like. I am sure they told you thank you for sharing your pig and coyote pics with them.

Please clarify cabin. Is this yours? Did you build it? Or is it a place provided for you stay? Is it your refrigerator yours or theirs? Did a couple cakes that wouldn’t fit in main cabin make that much a difference?

By chance did the ranchers grandkids (6,9, 15, 17) want to see the place and hang out on what is theirs? Did they or have they ever shot anything that was not a part of your management program? Also knowing the family I can’t see them just booting you guys from your blinds and saying sorry until Sunday.

Lastly I think you getting this upset and getting this forum all worked up is a little irrational without having spoke to anyone in the family. The daughters, the Son in laws and the land owners themselves aren’t the names they have been called here and again would hear you out.

Couldn’t agree more! Great family and no harm meant in asking if the grandkids could sit in a blind and WATCH deer!

Comment

Aww Hell NO!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerwest15 View Post
                    Couldn’t agree more! Great family and no harm meant in asking if the grandkids could sit in a blind and WATCH deer!
                    Only thing I'd say is one lease member who approved it doesn't necessarily speak for the rest of the group.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTownHunter View Post
                      Alot of places get hunted by family when the weekend hunters are in the city during the week, it's been going on for a long time. It happens more than most realize.

that doesn't make it right !! why lease it then?

Comment

Originally posted by Deer Tamales View Post
                        You just said it yourself, keep a portion for the family then and go on and there won’t be any issues. You obviously retained about half of that place to make it fair for everyone. Have a spot on that place for me?!?
                        Y'all should just fight

Comment

Not a good situation. I would wait until the last minute to tell them you are getting off. Make sure you get your stuff and get out after you fill your tags. Agree on locking stands. Would keep any trail camera pics of family in your spots to justify not paying any money owed.

Comment

Originally posted by Leddy View Post
                            I am pretty sure I know this family and know them well. They are a very very respectable people that both live on and work their ranches and the family has done so for Over 100 years. I am sure they would love to sit with you face to face to hear and work through your concerns.

Please clarify a little bit before throwing them under the bus.

Do you feel they built the fences just to mess you up? Or maybe an old one needed replacing? They are sheep ranchers, the first sign of Pig or coyote a helicopter is dispatched. Not to uncommon I don’t feel like. I am sure they told you thank you for sharing your pig and coyote pics with them.

Please clarify cabin. Is this yours? Did you build it? Or is it a place provided for you stay? Is it your refrigerator yours or theirs? Did a couple cakes that wouldn’t fit in main cabin make that much a difference?

By chance did the ranchers grandkids (6,9, 15, 17) want to see the place and hang out on what is theirs? Did they or have they ever shot anything that was not a part of your management program? Also knowing the family I can’t see them just booting you guys from your blinds and saying sorry until Sunday.

Lastly I think you getting this upset and getting this forum all worked up is a little irrational without having spoke to anyone in the family. The daughters, the Son in laws and the land owners themselves aren’t the names they have been called here and again would hear you out.
                            I agree that these issues aren't that serious and are easily resolved. However, if LO wants grandkids to enjoy whats theirs, then don't lease the property or make a specific provision in the lease that allows it.

Why does it matter who built the cabin? If they are the exclusive tenants then they get exclusive use. Again, if LO wants use of cabin he shouldn't lease it out or it should be part of lease agreement. I realize it was just a couple of cakes but your comment conveys that because LO built cabin then LO somehow has priority to use it over tenants.

I've leased a couple houses and the LO always had a right to enter the property to inspect premises or make repairs. But if I came home to LO using my pool and his food in my fridge(even if he bought fridge) I would be a little disappointed.

I see no difference here. If I have exclusive rights to conduct certain activity(hunt) on a property then the only way someone other than me is hunting is with my permission.

Comment

So there are two sides to every story...here is what really happened here. I am the son in law of the land owner. The land owner for one lives on the ranch. This “deer tamale”been in this group for three years, but the majority of this group has been hunting here for 12-15 years. I have been helping my father in law for 23 years. The land owner, my father in law, is a great man that respects what his hunters have leased. We have had a great relationship with these guys. So let me set some facts straight:
                              1: we had thanksgiving at the ranch as we always do and our refrigerator was full, we put 2 pies in the hunters cabin (which we built and put in the fridge). There was no one there at the time. One of the hunters came in late Wednesday night after we went to sleep. Once we saw they were back from hunting the next morning we went and got the pies out.
                              2: DeerTamale was not even there. The guys had no issues.
                              3: i asked the hunter who was there if he minded if I took my niece to set in a blind, her father does not hunt and she wanted to go and look at the deer. The hunter said that was great and told me where he was going and we went to the opposite side of the ranch. Not to shoot a deer but to be in the outdoors.
                              4. My father in law raises sheep, we are lambing right now and have a coyote problem. Therefore we scheduled the helicopter when no one would be there so we didn’t mess their hunt up. We had already moved a date due to working around our hunters schedule. Also, the after the helicopter flew I watched 8 bucks, 3 mature at a feeder from on top of a hill. It did not seem to effect them
                              5. As far as fences go, again this is a working ranch. We are replacing all of our fences. Maybe deer tamale shouldn’t have his feeder so close to the property line.
                              6. So deer tamale. If you have want to bash someone why don’t you get the facts straight. Everything you mentioned was about half of the story. If you would like to visit with me further here is my number. 432-664-2204.
                              Flying a helicopter around tree top high and shooting from it at anything during deer season when you have hunters leasing the property for hunting is just wrong.. That much I do know.... The hunters should be upset. I would be..

Comment

This is great

Comment

Working...
                                X