No announcement yet.

Youth weekend... makes me sick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My neighbor poaches all the time. Saturday morning here the shot, and here he comes driving his truck down the hill. Killed my target buck for the year. Said his son shot it, but his boy wasn't with him, and I think he's 6. Not that a 6 year old couldn't kill a deer but it makes me crazy. Liars, cheaters, and thieves I have no use for.

Comment

Not to defend the "hunter (dad)", but was that the only shot in the deer? Wondering if the dad may have made a follow up shot for the youngun?

Comment

And now a game warden will be intouch with you...lol there all on this page

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Like a goat horn spike wouldn't be around in a week lol?
          People are idiots... he probably could've waited until January 7th at 6PM to kill the same deer.

EDIT:
          Originally posted by Mobowhunter View Post
          My neighbor poaches all the time. Saturday morning here the shot, and here he comes driving his truck down the hill. Killed my target buck for the year. Said his son shot it, but his boy wasn't with him, and I think he's 6. Not that a 6 year old couldn't kill a deer but it makes me crazy. Liars, cheaters, and thieves I have no use for.
          **** that noise, if i though he poached it I'd call the GW
          Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 10-30-2017, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobowhunter View Post
            I agree with your thoughts , but why on earth would it be okay for 6 year old to kill anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

With a muzzle brake like that I bet that kid can shoot the gun easy [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

VERY SAD DEAL! I see pictures on facebook and wonder the same thing.... Not good way to teach your children!

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                  I agree with your thoughts , but why on earth would it be okay for 6 year old to kill anything?
                  Is it not ok for your 6 year old to hunt with you and harvest a deer? Why not? Not arguing just curious as to the thought process....

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                    I am afraid it happens far to often.
                    Without a doubt. I think some people treat is as a take your parent hunting weekend. Just have to teach the kids what to say if GW shows up.

Comment

Pretty crappy. Why would any father want to steal that moment from his kid?

Comment

We are getting off track now but I see no reason a 6 year old that has proven themselves on the range doesn't deserve to kill a deer. If my daughter expresses the interest and I feel she is ready by then I will do my ****edest to make it happen.

Comment

I hope my little girl will be ready to smoke one at 5 or 6. Nothing wrong with it at all.

Comment

I hate it too but its better than the first 2 proposals they had for youth season, #1 was all of october would be youth rifle to run parallell with archery season, when that got nixed #2 was every weekend in october would be youth rifle, thank God its just the last weekend because from what I see on facebook storys like the OP posted are very very common, SMH.

Comment

Sorry people in this world. How can you purposefully, knowingly use your kid to break the law, and worse, do it in front of him? Im not the worlds greatest dad but I thought we were supposed to be teaching them right from wrong.....

Comment

Y wouldn’t it be? At what age is it ok for a kid to kill something? My 4 yr old has a 17 hmr and shoots pretty dang good. My 4 yr old is not the typical 4 yr old though, he’s 55 lbs and eats sleeps and breathes hunting. My 9 yr old on other hand could’ve cared less about killing anything at 4 or even now for that matter. Every kid is different

Comment

Working...
                                X