Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first SOLO hunt (I'm a big kid now....)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
    Not gonna lie, I wouldn’t go in that and I’m a grown man. No thanks!
    really?.....your kidding....right?? corn field in the Midwest is scary??......hahaha....for a hunter!!hahahaha....sorry and I hate to sound like an insensitive person but this is just too darn funny for me to sit here and not have a reaction

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
      really?.....your kidding....right?? corn field in the Midwest is scary??......hahaha....for a hunter!!hahahaha....sorry and I hate to sound like an insensitive person but this is just too darn funny for me to sit here and not have a reaction
      I’ve gone into some pretty thick stuff in NE Tx when it was pitch black. Spent 6 bucks in CR123 batteries to find a deer...but I don’t like the idea of being surrounded and not being able to past 1-2 feet in any direction. Maybe it would be different if I was out there...but I don’t think I’d willingly go into that mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Becka Marie View Post
        I'm not giving up yet... at least as long as the rain and wind stay away. I'm not prepared for all that. It was too much for me this morning. Today was hard, but I did my best, I'm still looking forward to tomorrow and hoping for a successful hunt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Hang in there, it will pay off.

Good luck this morning.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Great read so far, in for updates...

Comment

Good luck this morning!

Comment

following !!!! Good luck !

Comment

Good luck this morning.

Comment

Okay...here we go! Day 2!! 48 degrees and won't even lie...I heard that wind howling and rolled over. Wasn't even gonna get out of bed to go for a round 2 of tree-stand motion sickness today. Lol. Glad I did cause it laid down. It's a little breezy with a chill but not too bad. I've got about 5 layers cause this TX girl ain't used to all this. [emoji23] It's super dark and quiet, all you can hear is the wind. I'm not sure if it's relaxing or scary....have to get back to you on that one!

Comment

Hang in there, once the sun comes up you'll warm up and be thrilled to be there!

Comment

Tag

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Becka Marie View Post
                        Okay...here we go! Day 2!! 48 degrees and won't even lie...I heard that wind howling and rolled over. Wasn't even gonna get out of bed to go for a round 2 of tree-stand motion sickness today. Lol. Glad I did cause it laid down. It's a little breezy with a chill but not too bad. I've got about 5 layers cause this TX girl ain't used to all this. [emoji23] It's super dark and quiet, all you can hear is the wind. I'm not sure if it's relaxing or scary....have to get back to you on that one!

I am thinking you have the drive and desire to get it done.

Hope you are rewarded with a great buck for your efforts

BTW, hope you practiced shooting with the heavy clothes on, it can change the way you shoot.

Comment

Good luck this morning, it'll all be worth it when a deer comes out. You will warm up fast.

Comment

Just seen one doe. She was about 40 yards out. Too many trees to get a good look at her. Hope it means more action is on the way. Temp just dropped a few degrees, hands are like ice. Need some sun in my life!!

I haven't practiced as much with heavy clothes but I do have a lot of room. Good advice, thanks! Think I'll practice some when i get back to camp.

Btw, I'm being tormented by a 20lb squirrel... I've never seen one so big!!!!

Comment

Good luck this morning

Comment

The last time I hunted IL I was in the same high wind/rain situation. I was sticking it out until one of the trees next me blew over. That will make you a little nervous!

Comment

Working...
                                X