Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Polaris - What a Crock! Parts Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polaris spends more in marketing and targets the hunting/ recreation crowd. That's the reason you see them out there. It's their sole baby. All the others companies have bigger products and market places

Comment

I had a 2012 800 ranger crew and had no problems other than cv boots etc. Just bought a new Can-Am 1000 and love it. To each his own.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
        Polaris is a cheap company that skimps on Quality and they have a Zero moral fortitude and absolutely will accept Zero responsibility for product failure
        My thoughts exactly. We have used them in Montana on the cattle ranches and they just DO NOT hold up. Repair after repair after repair after repair.......

No more Polaris for me.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
          I had a 2012 800 ranger crew and had no problems other than cv boots etc. Just bought a new Can-Am 1000 and love it. To each his own.
          That's what I'm switching to. Got a Kubota diesel that we use on the TX ranches. It has held up well.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
            Polaris spends more in marketing and targets the hunting/ recreation crowd. That's the reason you see them out there. It's their sole baby. All the others companies have bigger products and market places
            Yeah I know a guy who bought a can am but was torn between that and ranger because the ranger was the "hunter edition" lol.. i do think you here about more problems with rangers partially because there is a ton more out there but also think rangers have more problems than they should.. to me it is about the money but also dependable plays a big role to me because my lease is 18,000 acres.. don't need to be broke down in the back at night when it's 10 degrees.. curious how the mule fxt holds up in the long run, I know I have a 2005 mule and 1999 prairie with a ton of hours and nothing but maintenance..

Comment

I have an ‘08 ranger crew. Not great but it gets the job done. Not gonna pay $20,000 for a UTV. Would just rather buy a used 4WD pickup

Comment

My biggest issue with Polaris is that I was a main character witness in a Federal lawsuit in Austin over an accident and design flaw that left one friend permantetly hampered. and another paralyzed from chest down. I was driving. The girls were riding in a high seat and the bed latches failed at around 12 mph on a typical country dirt road with normal bumps. They got dumped. Spent 10 hours in depositions and 4-5 hours on stand in Federal Court and listened and got hammered that everyone ...including me , the dealer , everybody else was at fault. The high seats mounted in the bed were not Polaris accessories even though they were sold in polaris authorized dealers. Their defense was they knew the bed latches fail and the hydraulic arms were underrated but since they notified the dealers it was the dealers responsibility, even though they continued and encouraged the sale of accessories. Bottom line Polaris knew of the problem in 2008. Email correspondence from test drivers confirmed. A engineer from Polaris took the stand and admitted it was a flaw. Polaris basically said that it would cost to much to re-tool and fix. Through expert witness's it was determined for less than .50 the issue could be solved. The liberal jury in Austin agreed with Polaris and that country folk hillbillies ignore the warnings and agreed with Polaris. The dealership settled before trial and Polaris got a pass
                Last edited by BrandonA; 10-17-2017, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Well, it's official.....Polaris customer service SUCKS! I responded appropriately.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X