Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Motley Hall Briscoe Co Area Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone been out lately? Checked gam cams on Sunday and it looked like whitetail were starting to come back into feeders. Bucks are broke up and their body conditions are not as good. Guess they stopped or are stopping the rut. Had a couple bucks I have been looking for all season start showing up pretty regular last week.

Comment

Well is anyone seeing much on game cameras or anything suggesting any potential for the season??

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
        Well is anyone seeing much on game cameras or anything suggesting any potential for the season??
        Our deer are looking really good this year. I'm going up this weekend to put out feed and check cameras. Hopefully I have one or two that are frequent for opening weekend Seems like we're finally getting through the drought deer, 2017 sucked for trophy mature bucks, 2018 finally picked up some, and 2019 is looking much better.

Comment

have several good looking young bucks but nothing to brag about

Comment

Nice!! I was out the first part of August and put out some feed and water. Then went back 3 weeks later and they had drank about 250 gallons of water and ate about 500lbs of feed. Had a couple of decent bucks and the one I was hoping made it through last season wasn't on anywhere on camera. Hopefully he shows.

Comment

Heading out this weekend to top off feeders, check cameras, and give everything a good work through before season starts. Maybe fill up some waterings also. Hopefully I have a surprise waiting on camera lol

Comment

Anyone been out yet? I will be hunting this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been out a couple of times this year. Got some big ones on camera, but they are moving late. Ready for some cooler weather.

Comment

Went out back on Sept 21 and had 3 or 4 decent bucks showing up 1 old 10pt that should have been shot 2 or 3 years ago and an old 8 pt that has been around a couple years. The main buck that I hoped would show up this year has still not been seen. Lots of activity on waterings they had eating 1150 lbs of feed and all 300 gallons of water I put out back at the end of July. Nothing to awful exciting seen on camera. The owner has a son that's probably mid 50s that's SEVERLY lacking a few brain cells and any common sense so this year should be interesting.

Comment

We’ve been back in fourth. Huntin briscoe. Hunted opener of ow season. Seen a lot of deer moving. We’re suppose to be up this weekend but couldn’t. Covert cam keeps me really upset. Had lots of movement this morning. Have several shooters coming by. I just get to watch them on overt. Hoping to get back up opener of rifle. The cold snaps and cooler morning has them moving.

Comment

Good deal. I am headed out there this weekend so I hope this front wakes them up a bit. I will try to remember and post when I get back or during the weekend.

Comment

Well I went out to the property I hunt. The owner's dipstick son (multiple time felon and a grown man in his 50s) had been out there 3 times in the last 2 weeks. He had managed to leave my blind door and windows open so they full of dirt dobber and wasps, bury his truck in the very obviously sandy CRP field bad enough a tractor had to pull him out, beat a road down through the CRP field, leave tracks and ruts all through the CRP, jack with and turn off some game camera, and throw out a popup blind in the open about 15yds of my best feeder, beat down every road on the property that were gown up in vegetation the last time I was out there, and as a multiple time felon stash and old 22 rifle out there under a storage trailer. He managed to show up out there at last light Friday drunk and decided he was going to pull a windmill by hand and fis the leathers but has never worked on one in his life. So needless to say I didn't see anything out there and very little on game cameras and not buck on game cams for about 2.5 weeks. At least the jackwagon isn't try to camp out and build a camp fire in a dry Bermuda grass flat 30 yds from a feeder and leave beer cans everywhere like he did 3 years ago. All that ranting and complaining just to say I did see jack while hunting or on game cameras.

Comment

That is frustrating. Hopefully next trip will be better for you. I’m going to be in the blind Friday evening... hoping these cold fronts will get the deer moving

Comment

Anyone been out recently? How’s the rut activity? Might have a chance to hunt Saturday. Hopefully I haven’t missed all the action.

Comment

I was out this last weekend and they are still working scrapes and the youngsters are eager to go. I did have two nubbin bucks come in without a momma but I bet this new moon will get it going. I bet they move good this weekend with mature bucks starting sniff around. Unfortunate I cannot make it this weekend. I would **** sure be in a stand if I could be.

Comment

Working...
                                X