Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fellow TBH'er killed possible state record????????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fellow TBH'er killed possible state record????????

Note to self.... if I shoot a booner on public ground. Wait for a GW to assist in recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
      WOW what a waste of 30 min I cant get back!
      I like all your posts, simply cause of your avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Forgive my ignorance, but is there an official TPWD position on tracking/dispatching a wounded deer after dark? I've never thought about it, but I'm guessing more than a few have had to do the same. I suppose technically, unless specifically stated otherwise, it would be illegal.
        After Travis shot this deer the first time I called my cousin who is a Game Warden and carefully explained the details and asked what should be done. He said it’s a 100% case by case scenario. He had me on speaker phone with his GW buddy in the truck with him. His best advice was to at least put the wardens in the loop and in most cases they will volunteer to assist on the track. All that for this, there isn’t a clear rule that is written and it’s open to a lot of interpretation.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
          Hey like the Quacker said if you'll stand up for the guy then I'll give him the benefit of the doubt too. This whole things just gotten weird.

Comment

Originally posted by hunt247 View Post
            I have seen at least 2 deer killed not far from you Skinny that was over 185" net typical. On clear creek.

There are some really big deer in my area.

Glad I have my neighbors on speed dial if I need to track one across a fence.

Skinny

Comment

Clear creek??? ��

Comment

Well, that was a good way to spend the last hour of work...

Comment

I'm interested too. Pic is during day time so that tells me the night recovery is not likely.

Comment

Originally posted by SunsUpGunsUp View Post
                    I'm interested too. Pic is during day time so that tells me the night recovery is not likely.
                    I've taken pics next day before. Many people have. You can see blood on belly hair near stabilizer possibly indicating it's been field dressed. Could also be exit hole from rear shot.

Comment

Originally posted by hunt247 View Post
                      I don't see it. Split main beam on right side, right right is totally different (maybe an injury) and brow tines are totally different. I would say like a 30% chance based on the pics.
                      Exactly what I was thinking. 2 big deer but they don't look alike at all to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ClearcreekDC View Post
                        Clear creek??? ��
                        Yes...Clear Creek. Southeastern Montague County. East of Forestburg. Texas. USA.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                          Grayson, Collin, Rockwall....and maybe Galveston?
                          Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                          Dallas
                          Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                          Found a video of a game warden talking about said incident.
                          If I ever find you I'ma gonna kick your arse!! I've spent 10 minutes tryin to open that dang video...

Comment

Originally posted by SunsUpGunsUp View Post
                            Then you would be wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                              I've taken pics next day before. Many people have. You can see blood on belly hair near stabilizer possibly indicating it's been field dressed. Could also be exit hole from rear shot.
                              My point was that it didn't look field dressed, and it's also been hot outside and I'd think he would've quartered him. I see the blood you're talking about but if that is a field dressed deer in that pic it's even bigger than I thought.

Comment

Wow, crazy, crazy I tell ya, just yea.

Comment

Working...
                                X