Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

What broadhead did you use on your first bow kill...Trip down memory lane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thunderheads for the first couple years.

Comment

Vintage 3 blade WASP 125gr

Javi on Callahan around 85 I think

Jennings Forked Lightning JR, 50ish pounds, bare bow with fingers

Comment

Magnus buzzcut

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Muzzy baby! Bad to the bone.

And it was. I shot a doe and hit her square through the hindquarters. At the time I was shooting an 80# bow with ACC 3-71 arrows, 31" draw length and 125 grain 3 blade Muzzys.

Blew completely though that deer and shattered both femurs. [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Yeah, I changed to the Muzzy a few years later and loved ‘em. I used to watch the ole vhs hunting tapes over and over with some of those guys using the Muzzy. I think it was Dan Fitzgerald and Roger Raglin if I’m remembering correct.

Comment

I used a 6blade Anderson with just 2 blades and I also used brute 4 blade broadheads with just two blades in. I was 8 years old when I shot my first doe.
            Attached Files

Comment

98 125gr Thunderhead on a Easton XX75 2113 camo hunter

Comment

Killed my first deer in 1984 with the broadhead below. Don’t even remember what it was. Satellite? I still have my original rig. Mowed yards to buy it. You young guys have it made. We shot with fingers and no sights in those days. My first deer was a 5 pointer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dbwilson View Post
                  100 grain 3 blade muzzy
                  Yep

Comment

First bow deer was with a stiletto 3 blade in 1996. It was a knockoff of the Vortex heads I wanted to use, but couldn't find at the time. I was a broke college kid and I managed to scrounge up enough money to get me a pawn shop Martin bow with a teal riser and white limbs. Threw some camo tape on her and hit the national forest. I killed that doe on my first ever sit at 11am. Made that hangover I was nursing disappear! Great thread and great memories!

Comment

2 blade rage on a pig in 2009. Still my biggest pig. Have switched to slick tricks for the most part since then. Hopefully a 125gr Magnus stinger finds the mark on my first traditional kill this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was shooting a Bear Flare, Easton Game Getter arrows and Bear SS broad head. Shot a doe at 5-6 yards with it, from a home made 2x4 lean to stand, on a trail. It was opening weekend of 1985, in Jefferson, Texas.

Comment

Bear on a cedar shaft

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

125 grain thunderhead

Comment

100 grain muzzy on an aluminum Easton arrow. Let it fly on a doe in 1999. Still got the arrow out in the shop.

Comment

Anybody remember the old Razorback 4 and 5s that spun on the ferrule? Pretty sure I have some in an old plano tackle box up in my attic somewhere

Comment

Working...
                                X