Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What broadhead did you use on your first bow kill...Trip down memory lane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thunderheads for the first couple years.

Comment

Vintage 3 blade WASP 125gr

Javi on Callahan around 85 I think

Jennings Forked Lightning JR, 50ish pounds, bare bow with fingers

Comment

Magnus buzzcut

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Muzzy baby! Bad to the bone.

And it was. I shot a doe and hit her square through the hindquarters. At the time I was shooting an 80# bow with ACC 3-71 arrows, 31" draw length and 125 grain 3 blade Muzzys.

Blew completely though that deer and shattered both femurs. [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Yeah, I changed to the Muzzy a few years later and loved ‘em. I used to watch the ole vhs hunting tapes over and over with some of those guys using the Muzzy. I think it was Dan Fitzgerald and Roger Raglin if I’m remembering correct.

Comment

I used a 6blade Anderson with just 2 blades and I also used brute 4 blade broadheads with just two blades in. I was 8 years old when I shot my first doe.
            Attached Files

Comment

98 125gr Thunderhead on a Easton XX75 2113 camo hunter

Comment

Killed my first deer in 1984 with the broadhead below. Don’t even remember what it was. Satellite? I still have my original rig. Mowed yards to buy it. You young guys have it made. We shot with fingers and no sights in those days. My first deer was a 5 pointer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dbwilson View Post
                  100 grain 3 blade muzzy
                  Yep

Comment

First bow deer was with a stiletto 3 blade in 1996. It was a knockoff of the Vortex heads I wanted to use, but couldn't find at the time. I was a broke college kid and I managed to scrounge up enough money to get me a pawn shop Martin bow with a teal riser and white limbs. Threw some camo tape on her and hit the national forest. I killed that doe on my first ever sit at 11am. Made that hangover I was nursing disappear! Great thread and great memories!

Comment

2 blade rage on a pig in 2009. Still my biggest pig. Have switched to slick tricks for the most part since then. Hopefully a 125gr Magnus stinger finds the mark on my first traditional kill this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was shooting a Bear Flare, Easton Game Getter arrows and Bear SS broad head. Shot a doe at 5-6 yards with it, from a home made 2x4 lean to stand, on a trail. It was opening weekend of 1985, in Jefferson, Texas.

Comment

Bear on a cedar shaft

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

125 grain thunderhead

Comment

100 grain muzzy on an aluminum Easton arrow. Let it fly on a doe in 1999. Still got the arrow out in the shop.

Comment

Anybody remember the old Razorback 4 and 5s that spun on the ferrule? Pretty sure I have some in an old plano tackle box up in my attic somewhere

Comment

Working...
                                X