Depression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
    We would all be better off not acting like we know what's going on in someone else's head. If you don't suffer from clinical depression, lived through it and are still with us then the perspective is simply lacking. People need a support group not shaming, let's keep it real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well said. Prayers sent.

Comment

I guess I don't understand how suicide isn't selfish. You're taking your own life because you can't get right in the head. Taking yourself away from your family,which will more than likely find your dead body and have issues from that for the rest of their life. By killing yourself you're mentally and emotionally screwing people who love you up. That's ridiculous and it is selfish. You can argue about it all day but it is. You're thinking about ending your own hell and putting it off on others.

My buddy that shot himself did it right in front of his mother. They about had to put her in the dang nut house. If you'd do that to your family you are some kind of messed up.

My buddies dad killed himself because his wife is a dumb broad that liked to sleep around. But had 4 kids that loved him. He left them behind because of a woman. They're replaceable....why would you end your life for one? He was being selfish. He wasn't thinking about the most important people in his life that's for sure.
      Last edited by okrattler; 09-09-2017, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Because depression distorts reality & rational thought processes leaving people delusional to what the solution to their problem is...it is selfish to those of us looking from the outside, but is a logical act to the severely depressed.

Many won't understand but that simply how it is in their inner world...it's a messy deal & can affect generations of those behind.

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
        I guess I don't understand how suicide isn't selfish. You're taking your own life because you can't get right in the head. Taking yourself away from your family,which will more than likely find your dead body and have issues from that for the rest of their life. By killing yourself you're mentally and emotionally screwing people who love you up. That's ridiculous and it is selfish. You can argue about it all day but it is. You're thinking about ending your own hell and putting it off on others.

My buddy that shot himself did it right in front of his mother. They about had to put her in the dang nut house. If you'd do that to your family you are some kind of messed up.

My buddies dad killed himself because his wife is a dumb broad that liked to sleep around. But had 4 kids that loved him. He left them behind because of a woman. They're replaceable....why would you end your life for one? He was being selfish. He wasn't thinking about the most important people in his life that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          Because depression distorts reality & rational thought processes leaving people delusional to what the solution to their problem is...it is selfish to those of us looking from the outside, but is a logical act to the severely depressed.

Many won't understand but that simply how it is in their inner world...it's a messy deal & can affect generations of those behind.
          I understand. It's just sad to me that a lot of times people dwell on things that do get better over time and it gets them so messed up they feel like suicide is the only way to get through it. Things as simple as finding a new wife or girlfriend of boyfriend or husband....whichever it may be. I'm not judging anyone but I hope that anyone that is reading this and is dealing with depression gets help. Everyone goes through rough times. I urge anyone dealing with depression to ride it out. Don't be too stubborn to get help. Swallow your pride and talk to somebody,anybody for that matter. You can message me on here,give me your number or I'll give you mine and we'll talk about it if you want to. I ain't gonna tell nobody I won't even talk about it to myself. You're not going through anything that nobody else hasn't been through before. There are people that love you and need you here. There's not anything worth worrying about to the point of ending your life.

There's no shame in getting help to improve your life.
          Last edited by okrattler; 09-09-2017, 11:13 AM.

Comment

I've lurked around on this site for along time now, and I don't feel compelled to comment on many subjects discussed here. Although I do enjoy people's different point of view on the wide variety of subjects discussed here.(even if it's never bow hunting) That being said this subject has really struck home with me, because I was that depressed young man. Yes, I do believe suicide is the most selfish act possible. At the same time that is the exact nature of depression. I could be surrounded by everyone that has ever cared or loved me, and still feel as alone as someone stranded on a deserted island. Nobody knew what was going on in my mind and the more people tried to prop me up like things were or going to be just fine the more alone I felt. It's really easy to say "things will get better", and in most cases it will, that didn't help get me out of the self made rut I was in. In fact when someone would try to rationalize MY thoughts it only affirmed that no one knew what I was going through. I came as close to ending my life as possible. I will not go into details but I will say that I woke up in an ambulance and there was an EMT crying and praying over the gurney I was laying in. When he noticed I was alert he grabbed my hands and asked me to pray with him. I will never forget the warmth that flowed over me at that moment and at that moment I realized for the first time in about 5 years I wasn't alone and had never been alone at all. From that day on I changed my life full 180. Don't get me wrong I dealt with a lot of demons for several years and huge consequences for making a lot of bad decisions during that dark time in my life. Now I don't have bad days. Every day is a blessing. In conclusion everyone is right, suicide is selfish, but only because many that are depressed cannot see past their own noses. With that I pray for the op's loss and anyone who is or knows someone dealing with depression.

Comment

Great post Bushhunter.

Comment

Working...
              X