No announcement yet.

Depression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very sorry for your family's loss Josh, if you guys need anything you know where we are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Check this out. My Division President took a leave of absence to do a cross country bike ride to illuminate depression issues and suicide prevention. He lost his oldest daughter to suicide a few years ago.

Hang in there.

Comment

Very sorry for your loss. I just wish I could give all the macho men on here about 2 minutes of some of the anxiety attacks I've had over the years. Your opinion would change in a heart beat.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
          Selfish act.... you have no idea what you are talking about. Pot meet kettle, sounds like a very selfish thing to say actually which is so very ironic.

Since someone who would say this obviously has no understanding of emotional pain and misery caused by anxiety and depression I will leave an example maybe you will understand, physical pain.

Imagine at what level you would have to be tortured in intense physical pain that you would look at a gun or a noose and say yes, this is my way out of this hell. Its at that same level that someone suffering from a mental illness feels that they would make that choice from emotional pain.

Lots of real selfish men and women went to war recently and came back to be very selfish. What selfish people they were.

Prayers for your Nephew OP.
          Could not have said it better myself..........

Have had several family members lose their battle with life due to depression, drugs and/or alcohol.

Have had several family members suffer from the same demons yet continue their daily struggle.

I'm with Bowslayer on this one. Some people truly believe they are doing everyone else a favor.

Comment

Some of y'all would probably die if you fell from that horse you are on, it's so high.
            Last edited by Playa; 09-07-2017, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Compared to 10 years ago we have progressed a lot in learning about mental illness. Sadly as a society we still don't acknowledge it accordingly.
              In my thoughts .

Comment

I lost my aunt to suicide a year ago and a friend of mine killed himself over a breakup when we were still in high school. As someone that loses a person they care about to suicide it does feel like it was a selfish act on their part. I know in both of these loses my first emotion was anger at them for making such a tragic and final decision. But, with time in each case I came to the conclusion that I didn't know the severity of what they were going through.

I pray that you and your family can remember the good times you had with your nephew, and forgive him for this decision. He made a mistake, we all make mistakes, its just that suicide is final, once that decision is made it can't be undone or recovered from. You're exactly right, it sucks but I encourage you to not let it dominate your memories of your nephew.

Godspeed, Wes

Comment

I friend of mine killed herself about a month ago. She had an illness that was going to take her life so I guess she decided to die on her own time. Another friend of mine killed himself right after highschool. He was high and drunk and whatever else when he did it. If he had been in his right state of mind I don't believe it would have happened. A good friend of mine lost his dad to suicide when he was in the 8th grade. It definitely affected him and his sisters and I'm sure it still does.

It's a sad thing to have happen. I'm sorry he chose that route but it sounds like you did everything you could do for him while he was here. Not much else you could have done. People make their own choices and sadly their bad choices don't just hurt them.

Comment

Depression

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                    Very sorry for your loss. I just wish I could give all the macho men on here about 2 minutes of some of the anxiety attacks I've had over the years. Your opinion would change in a heart beat.

Sir, I know all about the "attacks". Good to see someone more senior than me can handle it and live a long life.

Last edited by Ætheling; 09-07-2017, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

X1000 ^^^

I've seen it happen twice in my family and several other times outside of it. I have a family member now who concerns me a great deal. It is a sad thing to watch someone endure it. I cannot fathom the despair someone must feel to get to that point but I know it is real. It sounds as though you gave it 100%. That is all anyone can do.
                      Last edited by Livin'2hunt; 09-07-2017, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                        Selfish act.... you have no idea what you are talking about. Pot meet kettle, sounds like a very selfish thing to say actually which is so very ironic.

Since someone who would say this obviously has no understanding of emotional pain and misery caused by anxiety and depression I will leave an example maybe you will understand, physical pain.

Imagine at what level you would have to be tortured in intense physical pain that you would look at a gun or a noose and say yes, this is my way out of this hell. Its at that same level that someone suffering from a mental illness feels that they would make that choice from emotional pain.

Lots of real selfish men and women went to war recently and came back to be very selfish. What selfish people they were.

Prayers for your Nephew OP.

Well said, Sweet.

Comment

We would all be better off not acting like we know what's going on in someone else's head. If you don't suffer from clinical depression, lived through it and are still with us then the perspective is simply lacking. People need a support group not shaming, let's keep it real.

Comment

Sorry for your loss.
                            Prayers Sent

Comment

Originally posted by rattler03 View Post
                              I lost my aunt to suicide a year ago and a friend of mine killed himself over a breakup when we were still in high school. As someone that loses a person they care about to suicide it does feel like it was a selfish act on their part. I know in both of these loses my first emotion was anger at them for making such a tragic and final decision. But, with time in each case I came to the conclusion that I didn't know the severity of what they were going through.

I pray that you and your family can remember the good times you had with your nephew, and forgive him for this decision. He made a mistake, we all make mistakes, its just that suicide is final, once that decision is made it can't be undone or recovered from. You're exactly right, it sucks but I encourage you to not let it dominate your memories of your nephew.

Godspeed, Wes
                              agree 100% with all of this. Forgiveness being the most important.

Any offense against God is inherently selfish, as it defies His will for us. My sin is just as selfish as anybody's. Furthermore, one needn't suffer clinical depression to understand the root of evil... the root of destructive acts against others and ourselves...selfishness. I don't think anybody is looking down their nose about this. Several folks here just calling a spade a spade. The tragedy and sadness of it remain still.

So sorry for your loss jbarr. I am praying for you and your family during this horrible time.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                                Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.
                                ^^
                                Agreed

Comment

Working...
                                X