DIY New Mexico Gila Elk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
    He's a giant bull in my eyes. Lol. I don't know what a 400" bull looks like then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol this is 400" bull

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
      Lol this is 400" bull

A lot of MASS! Lol.

Have you shot those heads out to any distance? How do they fly? I'm really liking how they look

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
        A lot of MASS! Lol.

Have you shot those heads out to any distance? How do they fly? I'm really liking how they look

I have shot them to 80 and they fly perfect with field tips.

Comment

I've killed two bulls with rifles but after following this thread I'll be looking into a diy bow hunt next year for sure! The way you achieved the success of this hunt is priceless.

Comment

haha pictures don't do a 400" bull justice. If you walk in the room with one mounted, you will just stop in your tracks and oogle for about 5 minutes before you can operate. It is an absolute monster of an animal.

Comment

Congrats on an epic hunt! Question...is this the only elk you had a shot op at all trip?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome hunt and recap JT! You earned that joker!

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
                  Congrats on an epic hunt! Question...is this the only elk you had a shot op at all trip?

yep. I was close to elk from day one. I was inside of 120 yards 2-3 times, but they just werent fully ready to commit to calls. They were going nuts the morning I shot this bull

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
                    haha pictures don't do a 400" bull justice. If you walk in the room with one mounted, you will just stop in your tracks and oogle for about 5 minutes before you can operate. It is an absolute monster of an animal.

No doubt. I dated a girl in college who's dad had a 340 5x5 and a 395 6x6 on the wall. I could just stare at those two bulls for hours.

Comment

Outstanding. Congrats again.

Comment

Great hunt. When is the podcast?

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                          Great hunt. When is the podcast?
                          Hopefully get a few recorded this week. Justin and I have both been on some epic trips the last few months.

Comment

You mentioned using app on your phone for gps. It still work even when no cell service?

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                              You mentioned using app on your phone for gps. It still work even when no cell service?

Yes the way OnX works is you can download map grids on your phone that will work with no service. It saves the maps to your hard drive of your phone and then uses the GPS built in even when you dont have cell signal

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                                Yes the way OnX works is you can download map grids on your phone that will work with no service. It saves the maps to your hard drive of your phone and then uses the GPS built in even when you dont have cell signal

Thanks! Gonna check it out. Congrats again man! What a great hunt! Giving me a lil more faith that I gotta just jump in and try it.

Comment

Working...
                                X