Astros playing @ Tropicana Field?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Exactly what the Rangers offered, and the amount would be 5X larger, metroplex stros fans could pack the place, and all Texas baseball fans could show their support.

Reid Ryan is a dumb ***. Now they're playing in a sewer in Florida...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think about how big the 50/50 would have been on those nights too!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

That article doesn't sound too unbiased as was stated. I understand both sides what he fails to mention when discussing the home and home swap is the Astros ticket holders. He went on about Rangers ticket holders and how they were out by moving the game up, but what about Astros ticket holders who now have no game to go to at all, if series were swapped it would have worked out just fine for both teams.

It's funny how they have such a hard time with this. I coach high school baseball, I know not much money involved but it has been put in every district minutes I have ever seen that in the first round of play you switch sites if weather is an issue at one field. In the second half of play you can end up playing at the same teams field again if weather is a factor again and will delay play for a few days.

Honestly, I think both teams messed this up. Astros could have easily played as the "home" team in Arlington, but the Rangers could have also easily switched series with them. Bad job by both sides here.

And if I haven't come across already as an Astros fan I am, have been since I was 5 watching games in the dome and the Killer B's. But Ryan didn't need to go make the Rangers look bad. Like I said, both sides screwed up something here that could have played out very well for both sides, now they both look like little children whining and bickering.

Comment

Originally posted by NewBallCoach View Post
        That article doesn't sound too unbiased as was stated. I understand both sides what he fails to mention when discussing the home and home swap is the Astros ticket holders. He went on about Rangers ticket holders and how they were out by moving the game up, but what about Astros ticket holders who now have no game to go to at all, if series were swapped it would have worked out just fine for both teams.

It's funny how they have such a hard time with this. I coach high school baseball, I know not much money involved but it has been put in every district minutes I have ever seen that in the first round of play you switch sites if weather is an issue at one field. In the second half of play you can end up playing at the same teams field again if weather is a factor again and will delay play for a few days.

Honestly, I think both teams messed this up. Astros could have easily played as the "home" team in Arlington, but the Rangers could have also easily switched series with them. Bad job by both sides here.

And if I haven't come across already as an Astros fan I am, have been since I was 5 watching games in the dome and the Killer B's. But Ryan didn't need to go make the Rangers look bad. Like I said, both sides screwed up something here that could have played out very well for both sides, now they both look like little children whining and bickering.
        He covered the Astros fans, the only circumstances where they don't completely lose those games is with a switch and then it puts the exact burden on the Rangers fans as they only had a day or few to prepare for the games. Reid screwed both fans!

Comment

Completely agree on all of this. I don't see this as either side is right, and the article at the top is most definitely biased.

Comment

Astros playing @ Tropicana Field?

What about the Ranger fans(and astros fans) who already have tickets to those 3 games a few weeks from now?? Screw them, huh? "Show up this week (1st week of school) or you are SOL.

There is precedent for this, and Daniels followed it and then some. Reid Ryan wanted the rangers to make all their ticket holders for those next three to change their plans, and the stros to lose no home games at all. He just wanted to call these three rain outs and make them up 3 weeks from now.

RR screwed this up, If you can't see that, you are dense. And that was a real chicken **** move telling everyone JD wanted to keep all 6 home games, screw him.

Edit:Last part not directed at you, coach.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 08-29-2017, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
              Great to see he came forward. Hope this and the Pats effort starts a quick and generous trend.
              Way to go Texas Rangers and join the relief effort for Harvey victims

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

What about the Ranger fans(and astros fans) who already have tickets to those 3 games a few weeks from now?? Screw them, huh?

There is precedent for this, and Daniels followed it and then some. Reid Ryan wanted the rangers to make all their ticket holders for those next three to change their plans, and the stros to lose no home games at all.

If you can't see that, you are dense.

I feel for both sides, but I guess I am dense.

Comment

I feel for both sides, but I guess I am dense.

I feel for both as well, but RR wanted the Rangers to tell their fans tough ****, so he could tell his to just show back up in 3 weeks and we'll make these up.

It's a bad situation but one organization has to lose something, and it's always the one with the weather situation. There was a very good solution for both orgs and fan bases....but RR opted to screw them all, then lie to the public to make JD look bad.

Comment

Exactly what the Rangers offered, and the amount would be 5X larger, metroplex stros fans could pack the place, and all Texas baseball fans could show their support.

Reid Ryan is a dumb ***. Now they're playing in a sewer in Florida...

I bet there is not 2000 here at 10$ a pop. Makes for good seats though. And yes it's a s hole.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post

I bet there is not 2000 here at 10$ a pop. Makes for good seats though. And yes it's a s hole.
                        Wow. What a missed opportunity. It would have been sold out in Arlington for hurricane relief.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                          Wow. What a missed opportunity. It would have been sold out in Arlington for hurricane relief.
                          Agreed a lot left on the table. All of house which I suspect would have been a big crowd just in support. Set up some donation boxes as well. I suspect it would have been a good thing and a little unity to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post

A full house and buckets being passed around. RR needs to own his decision rather than pushing the blame.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmart49 View Post
                              A full house and buckets being passed around. RR needs to own his decision rather than pushing the blame.
                              ^^^^^ This is exactly right! He should be fired.

Comment

Originally posted by Heathbar_tx View Post
                                ^^^^^ This is exactly right! He should be fired.

Hey his Daddy is Nolan, he can do what he wants.

Comment

Working...
                                X