No announcement yet.

Astros playing @ Tropicana Field?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussion likely to fall along party lines. Bad deal. Baseball in front of zero fans will be a b-o-r-i-n-g watch. I fall on the side that the Rangers tried. Oh well...

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
      Bad radio reported yesterday that is was the decision of MLB, and not the teams to move the series to a neutral site. Either way, both MLb teams, both NFL teams and all 3 NBA teams have a world of opportunity to raise truck loads of cash for relief efforts. And outside of a few Houston athletes, they have all been silent.
      Owner of the Rockets donated 10 million

Comment

Originally posted by Heathbar_tx View Post
        Not only did the Rangers offer all of what was mentioned but they also offered to donate the money from the 50/50 to the victim's. I bet that would have come close to $100k! Reid just needs to shut up and continue to ride his daddy's coat tails!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
        /\/\/\/\/\/\/\ I second that !!!

Comment

At first glance of the headlines, I was disappointed in JD and the Rangers. But this explanation of the ins and outs and more details shows that the Rangers weren't the bad guys after all.

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
            Guess you forgot to actually read.....
            Nope, I read it. Extenuating circumstances call for extraordinary acts. The Rangers had a chance to look really good here.

Do they really think that if the series had been in Arlington this weekend that the Rangers fans couldn't haven't adjusted their schedule and filled the stadium?? Three weeks is a long time for the fans that had tickets to the late Sept. series to adjust. I give them props for offering all the profits. But had they done the series swap, each team would have had one home series a piece, rather than all 6 games in Arlington.

If the tables were turned I'd say the exact same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
              Nope, I read it. Extenuating circumstances call for extraordinary acts. The Rangers had a chance to look really good here.

Do they really think that if the series had been in Arlington this weekend that the Rangers fans couldn't haven't adjusted their schedule and filled the stadium?? Three weeks is a long time for the fans that had tickets to the late Sept. series to adjust. I give them props for offering all the profits. But had they done the series swap, each team would have had one home series a piece, rather than all 6 games in Arlington.

So..........the rangers should play 12 of their final 15 on the road to help Houston? Makes zero sense in light of what they offered as an alternative.

Comment

I'm all for helping out a city in need. But you can't be expected to flush what little chance you have of making the post season....down the toilet. You already finish with 9 of your last 15 on the road. Make that 12/15 and there is little to no chance of making up the 3 games needed to get into the post season. The players and fans deserve a fighting chance at making the playoffs.
                No team would do that or should they be expected to...IMO. RRyan should stick to the minor leagues and let daddy take care of the bigs.

Comment

And you'd still be wrong.

Ryan wanted 3 weeks to sell tickets to his 3 games, and give Daniels a couple days.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                    Bad radio reported yesterday that is was the decision of MLB, and not the teams to move the series to a neutral site. Either way, both MLb teams, both NFL teams and all 3 NBA teams have a world of opportunity to raise truck loads of cash for relief efforts. And outside of a few Houston athletes, they have all been silent.
                    Houston Rockets, Astros, and Texans Owners pledged a total of $15 million for Harvey relief.

***The New England Patriots have vowed to pledge up to $1 million as a Red Cross Match.

Step it up JJ. We're all Texans and Americans.

Comment

So the Astros are 13 games up on the division and like 6 for the AL home field and they couldn't compromise? The Rangers had already made a great offer and Reid tried to make them look bad, now it's backfiring in his face. The precedent had been set many times for the Rangers to offer what they did.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

The Rangers did nothing wrong. And Jerry opened up the Star for Texans practice. Let's stop being ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                          Houston Rockets, Astros, and Texans Owners pledged a total of $15 million for Harvey relief.

***The New England Patriots have vowed to pledge up to $1 million as a Red Cross Match.

Step it up JJ. We're all Texans and Americans.
                          You should read a little more.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                            You should read a little more.
                            Great to see he came forward. Hope this and the Pats effort starts a quick and generous trend.

Comment

Exactly what the Rangers offered, and the amount would be 5X larger, metroplex stros fans could pack the place, and all Texas baseball fans could show their support.

Reid Ryan is a dumb ***. Now they're playing in a sewer in Florida...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, Rangers come out looking very bad in this situation. How hard is it to trade home series?? Now both teams have to go to Florida and play in front of nobody. Stay classy Rangers.
                                Rangers just pledged $1 million to flood/hurricane relief.

Way to read and twist as you wish. Classy!!

Comment

Working...
                                X