No announcement yet.

Purple Mattress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those that already have the purple mattress - are yall just putting the mattress on top of a regular set of box springs?

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
      I wanted to get a purple mattress for a spare bed until I watched this....

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Seems like purple is hiding something
      May not be completely unbiased review. Guy doing it is apparently a former employee of the leading competitor to Purple Mattress. Do a little research on the issue -- looks like a battle between two outfits trying to win the highest share of the BNB (bed in a box) market.

The above review focuses on a white powder in the Purple mattress' cells, which Purple says is simply used to prevent the mattress from sticking together during shipping. Giving credence to the critics of Purple is the fact that Purple will not divulge the precise chemical composition of the white powder. Purple says the powder is a proprietary formulation for which they have a patent application pending. Furthermore, Purple says that the material is not hazardous and has passed government scrutiny to be used on the mattresses.

Btw, I have no interest in either company or even in buying a mattress, but it's kind of entertaining to observe the back and forth on the issue.
      Last edited by tradtiger; 09-18-2017, 10:30 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
        May not be completely unbiased review. Guy doing it is apparently a former employee of the leading competitor to Purple Mattress. Do a little research on the issue -- looks like a battle between two outfits trying to win the highest share of the BNB (bed in a box) market.

The above review focuses on a white powder in the Purple mattress' cells, which Purple says is simply used to prevent the mattress from sticking together during shipping. Giving credence to the critics of Purple is the fact that Purple will not divulge the precise chemical composition of the white powder. Purple says the powder is a proprietary formulation for which they have a patent application pending. Furthermore, Purple says that the material is not hazardous and has passed government scrutiny to be used on the mattresses.

Btw, I have no interest in either company or even in buying a mattress, but it's kind of entertaining to observe the back and forth on the issue.
        I looked into it before posting that video. I read that the reviewer may be a little biased against purple for the reason you mentioned.

As far as I know, it's mostly hear-say and purple has yet to prove the substance is unharmful. Which it troublesome, which is my motivation for posting the video.

Comment

Originally posted by mooch View Post
          For those that already have the purple mattress - are yall just putting the mattress on top of a regular set of box springs?
          We have ours on a metal base.
          Wife got it at Walmart I believe.

Comment

I was wondering this also

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
              I looked into it before posting that video. I read that the reviewer may be a little biased against purple for the reason you mentioned.

As far as I know, it's mostly hear-say and purple has yet to prove the substance is unharmful. Which it troublesome, which is my motivation for posting the video.
              Not saying you didn't do research, 12 Ring, but I see where it could be read that way. Bad construction on my part. Just saying the issue is worthy of looking into. And, yes, it would be nice if Purple would be more definitive about the substance on their mattresses.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                On last bump here. Anyone have a Casper or Tuft & Needle? Those seem very comparable to a Purple.
                We got a Casper a couple months ago. Happy with it so far.

Comment

I ordered a purple yesterday. I don't care what the powder is, if I can sleep again...I'll snort it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have mine on a Rejuven8 by Denver Mattress. Works great.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      I ordered a purple yesterday. I don't care what the powder is, if I can sleep again...I'll snort it!

Lol

Comment

Another option to look at if you are still in the market is the Brooklyn Bedding "Best Mattress Ever". We have had ours since April and are very pleased with it so far! It's cool, and you dont feel like you're sinking into it like crazy. We got the Medium and its a bit on the firm side, but is very comfortable! We just put ours on the sleep number base we had.

Comment

We've started the search again. Momma is wanting a Nectar mattress? Don't know anything about it, but it's got to be better than what we have now and the price is right!

Comment

update: Think I'm just now getting accustomed to it..but it hasnt been an overnight "this thing has cured all my ailments" kind of thing.
                            Wife, isnt so sure...yet.. giving it time...

it definitely is cooler... and seems to stay supportive.. and your sleep is more 'isolated' in that it doesnt transfer movements to the whole bed like a normal mattress..
                            hell the catahoula can jump on the bed and I wont notice till she scoots her head up to lay in between us - so..its a dog friendly mattress

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

I've had mine a few months, and with the exception of this full body rash and constant foaming at the mouth, I'm sleeping great.....

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                                You can only buy it online. It comes wrapped up like a burrito at your front door!
                                So the ends are closed up. Unlike a taco where the ends are open.......

Comment

Working...
                                X