No announcement yet.

Another cancer thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's great news that it hasn't spread! More Prayers up for yall for Gods healing hand

Comment

Kevin, I'm sorry to hear this. But it sounds like she caught it early, so that part is definitely good news. You and Tina are in our prayers.

Comment

Great news! Prayers continued

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good News Prayers outbound

Comment

Those of you that have met Tina, know that she has long, thick hair; she always has, since the day I met her. She told me the day we found out that she would have chemo, that the thought of loosing her hair was what scared her the most. I love her hair, and it'll be different without it, but it's not a big deal for me.

She did research on a cold cap, that her doctor told her about. Chemo basically attacks all the fastest multiplying cells in your body, which is the cancer, and unfortunately, hair follicles. The cold cap basically freezes your scalp, and doesn't let the chemo attack your hair follicles. Unfortunately, that leaves your scalp vulnerable to the cancer while the rest of your body is getting it treated. That was enough to sway her away from the cold cap.

So, today she is going to visit her hair stylist, to get most of her hair cut off; then she'll send the cuttings off to get a wig made. She's had long hair ever since I've know her. It's gonna be strange, but I'm kinda excited at the same time. I told her last night that she might actually like not having all that long, heavy, hot hair and after it's all said and done, keep the short hair ... turning the page, the next chapter begins!

Comment

Prayers up for you all

Comment

Some insurance helps cover wig costs. Just something to keep in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Never met you Kevin but .. My continued prayers will be with your entire family...

Comment

Prayers up for Tina....and you too Kevin!

Comment

Prayers sent for yall.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                        Those of you that have met Tina, know that she has long, thick hair; she always has, since the day I met her. She told me the day we found out that she would have chemo, that the thought of loosing her hair was what scared her the most. I love her hair, and it'll be different without it, but it's not a big deal for me.

She did research on a cold cap, that her doctor told her about. Chemo basically attacks all the fastest multiplying cells in your body, which is the cancer, and unfortunately, hair follicles. The cold cap basically freezes your scalp, and doesn't let the chemo attack your hair follicles. Unfortunately, that leaves your scalp vulnerable to the cancer while the rest of your body is getting it treated. That was enough to sway her away from the cold cap.

So, today she is going to visit her hair stylist, to get most of her hair cut off; then she'll send the cuttings off to get a wig made. She's had long hair ever since I've know her. It's gonna be strange, but I'm kinda excited at the same time. I told her last night that she might actually like not having all that long, heavy, hot hair and after it's all said and done, keep the short hair ... turning the page, the next chapter begins!
                        I would be the same way! You just have to remind yourself that it will all grow back (if wanted) when she KCA.

Who knows...it may be fun! It is like having two different wives. Wig on, Wig off

Prayers continuing for y'all Kevin! I know you will be her rock through this.

Comment

I have tears in my eyes knowing the worries she has about her hair. We find our identity in our hair and how we wear it. Sometimes I wish I could just go bald; sometimes I wish I had longer hair; so I settle for the middle - short to medium. This week, I'm wishing for bald again because it is hot and I'm tired of my hair being in my face.

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                            I would be the same way! You just have to remind yourself that it will all grow back (if wanted) when she KCA.
                            No doubt. Hair is the least of my concerns right now.

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                            It is like having two different wives.
                            So are you saying you're not going to be #2, at the 4R, this year?
                            I'll give you a call, this evening.

Comment

Here's some before and after pictures.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh man Kevin, I will continue to pray for you guys! Those pics will be great to have sometime in the future when the 2 of you sit back and say, "...you remember years ago when we started that KCA journey?... " We indeed kick'd its arse!"
                                Will continue to pray for COMPLETE and divine healing for Tina and strength and comfort for all you guys...

And by the way, that's a great idea getting the wig made from her own hair!

God bless you guys!

Comment

Working...
                                X