Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

well the boss said

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
    I didn't see they were searching for the pipe..That's no bueno..Hell,a small rock would've have me on point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Article said they were to be doing maintenance on the line for Magellan. I could be wrong though. Could have been another line they hit. Either way, when I'm in a pipeline ROW, a probe and sharpshooter are my best friends.

Comment

Some bad bull here

Comment

Just fill it up the rest way with diesel and you will be fine

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          Article said they were to be doing maintenance on the line for Magellan. I could be wrong though. Could have been another line they hit. Either way, when I'm in a pipeline ROW, a probe and sharpshooter are my best friends.
          Maybe PR for Magellan is trying to CYA?

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
            LOL...I see what you did there. They'll need to change the filters too...LOL.

Comment

Still no confirmation that the OP was the digger. Since he has not posted again, he may have gotten shut down real quick. Lawyers would not be amused.

Comment

oof.

Comment

Let's see
                  X=50,440 x repair time x (workers + OT) x reclamation x lost revenue/5 sec of bad decision
                  X=A x B x (C+OT) x D x E/F
                  X=a big **** sandwich that someone will have to take a bite of.....probably not the one responsible.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                    Lol

Comment

At least you didn't kill a tree.......

Comment

Everyone involved in this should be sterilized, incarcerated, and stripped of American citizenship.

A 48" pipeline.....seriously?
                        Last edited by Dale Moser; 07-13-2017, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                          Except they were actually looking for the line they cut in this case. They were doing maintenance on the pipeline for the pipeline company.

I do understand what you're saying. I've cut fiber optic, water, sewer force mains, gas, telephone, electrical...you name it. When you have to depend on OneCall to tell you where things are, it can be a rodeo.
                          Very true. I think they are worse than weathermen.

We've found on the design side that locators have quite responding to our tickets because they know we are an engineering firm.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                            From what I gathered after that day,the f.o.installers are the worst at specifying where their equipment is located.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                            Its a best guess if anything, it all depends on the guy installing it and the way he was facing when he wrote it down. We've dug near several and actually had the ATT guy standing there with his locator while we were digging because it happened to be a fiber that ran from Austin to Dallas and couldnt go down. That would of been a bad one to hit. The same project we hit 2 smaller fibers that were business owned, spent a long evening in a splice trailer getting that one back up and going.

Comment

Whoever was supervising the operation is definitely in deep deep doo doo, there's whole books of policy and regulation against finding a line with mechanized equipment. Line location is by hand digging or hydrovac, hydrovac would've been bunches cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                                My father in law was installing some large concrete culverts near tomball about two years ago. They called in for info, said fiberoptic cable was 3 feet down and more than 50 feet from the worksite.
                                First bucket with the backhoe and they tore out the fiberoptic cable that was only 18 inches below the ground and 50 feet from where it should have been. That would have been expensive had he not called it in first.
                                We were doing some development on some land in the Heights in Houston (very urban area). We hit a water line that was not recorded and it send a geyser of water up about 40 feet in the air.

About a week later a guy on a back hoe hit a fiber optic cable and knocked out internet to probably several thousand yuppies, for a couple of days. I forgot the exact number but that cable had something like 25,000 cables in it, and each one had to be spliced back together. By hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X