No announcement yet.

Quick help unleaded in my Diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did it once. I had to drain the tank and change the filter twice before I got it right

Comment

Cousin runs oil in his diesel. It still has gasoline in it. He actually says it runs a lot better. Only in the summer momths

Comment

Originally posted by Heathbar_tx View Post
        ARE you looking to sell this truck and how much?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
        Yes but haven't tried. It's in Wichita KS. It's been repaired at AMMCO and cost 5k...now has 100k transfer warranty. I need 25k now..

I'm flying up there next Sunday to drive home. Have a full detail done and start with selling it.

Comment

On my 5th tank now and no issues. Man that was a close one.

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
            Cousin runs oil in his diesel. It still has gasoline in it. He actually says it runs a lot better. Only in the summer momths
            I have done a lot of that. The only thing you have to careful of is the HPOP. It deals with such high pressures, adding viscosity to the fuel going through can make things go funky as the pressure rises with viscosity.

Comment

Originally posted by wal1809 View Post
              I have done a lot of that. The only thing you have to careful of is the HPOP. It deals with such high pressures, adding viscosity to the fuel going through can make things go funky as the pressure rises with viscosity.

I used to run tcw3 in my 04 Dodge. It seemed to help it get a little better mileage, but after the second injector went out within 10k miles I quit using it.
              I can't guarantee that's what caused it, but with the pressures these injectors in newer diesels are operating at, I don't think adding viscosity is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by wal1809 View Post
                HPOP is engine oil.....not the fuel side. Two different systems, they don't get mixed.

Comment

Hahaha, I just saw this!

Gonna remember this one!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X