Quick help unleaded in my Diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jakesfish View Post
    Most of the Rigs never shut off while refueling... common practice to lock truck w/ spare key leave it running.........
    Yes sir. I know. Common practice for me too.. in a F-250. That's why I didn't understand why we were talking about big rigs in a thread about F-250's

Comment

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
      Don't even turn the key. Tow it, drain the tank, change the filter, fill the tank and go.

My wife did this when I was offshore. $800 mistake. Start it and it will be closer to $8000
      This and get you one of these billet caps, good reminder

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
        Dale, what is ATF (certainly not what I'm used to...) and exactly how does it counter the 50/50 mix with gas.

I actually see this becoming a bit more common with all the new E85 pumps showing up that look like diesel nozzles...not sure if E85 would be any worse over unleaded.

I don't think I will ever get another diesel unless I could cover the delete...that whole def & the problem I continue to hear are awful. Really think they jacked up a good thing. Last one I had was an 05 with that engine everyone hates, but I thought it was way better than the 02 everyone said was the best diesel Ford made??

Anyway, I'm driving a 2011 6.0 Chevy with 288,000 miles...the company gave it to me last year with 180k and I have done nothing but regular maintenance. Now, it's a straight up dog on the giddy-up, but have to say I'm really impressed with it's durability. Been a great vehicle for the job application. I'm the only sales guy with a 3/4 ton & already commented to the boss I doubt the 1/2 ton would work with the big trailer & the long bed is a must. No idea what they will put me in next.
        Automatic Transmision Fluid. The way it's been explained to me, it adds the lubricants that diesel has, but unleaded lacks. It's thin enough to dilute well and move through the fuel system. And it has some detergents in it that help.

I honestly don't know why it works, but I know it works. Diesel engines will eat all kinds of petroleums as long as you get some lubricants in there for those high pressure injectors and what not.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
          This and get you one of these billet caps, good reminder

Oh she learned her lesson. And I know I drive a diesel.

Comment

I'd love to make fun of some of you guys....but I need to buy fuel in the morning and it'd be just like me to fill up the mule with 34 gallons of high test.

I may or may not have put 8 gallons of unleaded in a diesel forklift when I was a kid. For some reason all we had at the shop was a gallon of wesson vegetable oil, so we poured that in too and the warehouse smelled like french fries all day while that forklift was running.

Comment

I put am unleaded nozzle in my dad's truck one time. Luckily he came out of the store and chuckled. I laughed it off like a joke and swapped nozzles...i wasn't messing with him though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                I'd love to make fun of some of you guys....but I need to buy fuel in the morning and it'd be just like me to fill up the mule with 34 gallons of high test.

I may or may not have put 8 gallons of unleaded in a diesel forklift when I was a kid. For some reason all we had at the shop was a gallon of wesson vegetable oil, so we poured that in too and the warehouse smelled like french fries all day while that forklift was running.

Classic!

Comment

Learned lots on this thread.... some useful some less so haha

Atf fluid trick is intetesting.

Comment

I did this once but fillied it up.. I was use to just grabbing the green handle for diesel so I did but it was mid grade or something.. drove it to the end of the parking lot and noticed the sign didn't have diesel on it. Drained and filled with diesel with no problems..

Comment

If you have not turned the key..... drop the tank, drain it, fill it with diesel. If you turned the key, do the above and flush the fuel lines, rail and filter housing.

Comment

Originally posted by RStrick View Post
                        If you have not turned the key..... drop the tank, drain it, fill it with diesel. If you turned the key, do the above and flush the fuel lines, rail and filter housing.
                        Haven't read all the posts huh?

Comment

lol

Comment

Man I turned the key and the engine caught fire and burned the truck to the ground. Then the has station caught fire next.

Comment

Originally posted by mexico70 View Post
                              I did it to my dodge couple years about the same situation and I topped it off with diesel and it never missed a beat . Not saying that's what you should do I'm just saying mine was fine.

Did the same on my 09 Cummingsput 5gallons of unleaded in it then filled that remaining 29glons with diesel. (Based on the advise from a diesel mechanic with 30 service experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                                Another kicker the 2014 Silverado listed in classifieds lost its transmission last week while in KS headed to lease. It was holiday weekend and not a rental for miles. So I pulled in bought a new ford and left it there. Transmission was un-repairable they tell me today. So 4700.00 for reman, but does come with 100k warranty for new owner. I haven't updated ad as I just got that call. I am glad it happened to me and not a new owner. That call would suck too.
                                ARE you looking to sell this truck and how much?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X