Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Influx of Californians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any city with a military base will attract retired military because of the cost of housing and the cost of living. I welcome our military residents. Just worried about their political and liberal ideas.

Comment

Build that wall!

Comment

Sorry for moving here and bringing all my problems with me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The influx in our cities and development because of it will ruin this state. People leaving the cities to move to the "country" therefore turning it into suburbs because of subdividing ranches is ridiculous. All of this causes ridiculous habitat fragmentation and the whole dang place will be a concrete jungle because of it. Y'all can say free economy and stuff all you want but don't complain when you can't afford a place to hunt. But I guess the people that do the subdividing will be rich enough to afford the hunting that will be left. Not to mention the policies the Californians and Colorado people will bring with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post

Prayers sent

Comment

When your community no longer reflects morals and values, it might be time to move. We’re here to help you sell your home, organize the move, and find a home in a community where you feel safe, valued, and at home.

Comment

Originally posted by BertramBass View Post
                Prayers sent

My prayers were answered 1/17/06
                The day I moved into my first house in Texas
                Lol

Comment

I also propose that we create a coalition of landowners. I.e "The Texas Landowners Coalition." This association of landowners, and those who support the ideals it represents, would enter a contract agreeing not to sell out to developers, subdivide their land into mini "ranchettes", or sell to nonresidents. The association would also organize votes and support and thereby possess political influence. All in favor?

Comment

my wife and my families both have been in Texas and the same county for over 130 years - as native Texan as you can get. If you think something will stop people from moving here you are in for a rude surprise. Texas is growing and will continue to do so. Either embrace it or move to California - reality is you will not stop it

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
                      my wife and my families both have been in Texas and the same county for over 130 years - as native Texan as you can get. If you think something will stop people from moving here you are in for a rude surprise. Texas is growing and will continue to do so. Either embrace it or move to California - reality is you will not stop it
                      Hush now......the state is doomed I tell ya!!![emoji33]
                      Dang I wish one would buy my place in Smith County .[emoji12]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

My prayers were answered 1/17/06
                        The day I moved into my first house in Texas
                        Lol

Congratulations to u and the family for achieving part of the American dream!!![emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
                          I'm not one for giving up or having a defeatist attitude. I'm from Texas after all . . .
                          There's always a way to accomplish something, and the reality is that we absolutely can deal with this problem. We need organization, good ideas, and good execution.

This site revolves around hunting. The dream of every man here is to own his own land and hunt in a healthy robust ecosystem full of game. And at the very least, if you couldn't ever own your own land, you would still want the vast wilderness to hunt in via leases or friends. That land is also part of what makes Texas "Texas". If prices are driven up so high that Texans can no longer afford it, and if development continues at this break neck rate, the land and opportunities to own/use it are going to dissipate.
                          I say Texans first. That's our land. That's our state. I'm not going to standby while it gets taken over. I'm pretty **** sure there's a lot of people who feel the exact same way. And you might be surprised what a lot people can accomplish when they get organized.

Comment

The Chinese are dimpinge a lot of coin into Texas real estate as well

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
                              I'm a California transplant. Born and grew up in LA and Riverside. Military brought me here and stayed when I got out. the weather and being able to surf, snowboard and dirt bike all in the same day is about all I miss.
                              Welcome to Texas. Glad to have ya!

Comment

Welcome to Texas. Glad to have ya!

Comment

Working...
                                X