Influx of Californians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Longue Carabine View Post
    I think we should start with a 15% tax on real estate for non residents.
    Non residents of what? The US, Texas, the county, the city, the neighborhood?

Where does it stop?

You could always move out there. Apparently there should be some vacancies with the recent fleeing.

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
      Wow really SA beat out Austin finally?
      Austin is to California even to Californians ! So liberal even liberals can't live there, so now they have to taint my part of Texas

Comment

Im all for taxing NONRESIDENTS who are coming in here bringing ONLY PROBLEMS... there wont be any hill county worth living in soon.

They will pay it cause the RETARDED amount there houses are "worth" out there.

We need the bubble to burst out there bad... only way we stop them coming.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
        Last edited by catslayer; 06-27-2017, 03:41 PM.

Comment

I'm a California transplant. Born and grew up in LA and Riverside. Military brought me here and stayed when I got out. the weather and being able to surf, snowboard and dirt bike all in the same day is about all I miss.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
            I just wanted to see how long this thread would go with needing to increase taxes.

Funny that folks rip California people for bringing their high tax agenda with them, but then those same folks propose stopping Californians from coming by increasing taxes. LOL
            Bizzaro at best!!!![emoji33]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Longue Carabine View Post
              More people moved to San Antonio last year than any other metropolitan area in the US. 25, 000 to be exact. Most of which came from California. The increased traffic, development, urban sprawl, and congestion is a nightmare. Worst of all are the policies they are trying to force on this area. People from California and New York are trying to make this city like the dysfunctional ones they are fleeing from, obviously not realizing that such views and policies ultimately create the overwhelming problems they had in their former cities. This egregious problem has even earned the nickname "San Frantonio Syndrome." Furthermore, people from California are buying up the Hill Country. Some are doing so for purposes of development, and some are just buying it up and subdividing into "ranchettes" which drives up land prices and fragments habitat. It has to stop. Cities in Texas need to stop appealing to the companies in these places, and just to these places in general for immigration under the convoluted notion that growth and expansion is somehow beneficial. We need to de-incentivise their immigration. We need the opposite, and fast

I just left there little over a month ago... I concur with all above.

Couldn't wait to get the heck out of the sprawl, ditch what use to be a 40 minute commute 3 years ago (hour plus toward the end). Now I'm back to my old life, and commute is about 3 minutes from the office.

a dios

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                Im all for taxing NONRESIDENTS who are coming in here bringing ONLY PROBLEMS... there wont be any hill county worth living in soon.

They will pay it cause the RETARDED amount there houses are "worth" out there.

We need the bubble to burst out there bad... only way we stop them coming.

Careful what we wish for, it won't only affect "them." I lost quite a few house bidding wars with people from California. Initially, it ****** me off. Then I realized that the problem wasn't them. I was jealous I couldn't drop 450K in cash on a house. They had more money than I did but that aint their fault.

They aren't going away and they aren't the only ones. The Chinese are buying up central Texas as well. Friend was approached by attorney representing group of Chinese investors, said they wanted 10k acres between Austin and San Antonio.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                  I just wanted to see how long this thread would go with needing to increase taxes.

Funny that folks rip California people for bringing their high tax agenda with them, but then those same folks propose stopping Californians from coming by increasing taxes. LOL
                  The tax is for them, not us . . .
                  And I am open to other ideas to deal with this problem, this one just seems like a good idea to get the discussion rolling with.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                    Non residents of what? The US, Texas, the county, the city, the neighborhood?

Where does it stop?

You could always move out there. Apparently there should be some vacancies with the recent fleeing.
                    Non residents of Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
                      Careful what we wish for, it won't only affect "them." I lost quite a few house bidding wars with people from California. Initially, it ****** me off. Then I realized that the problem wasn't them. I was jealous I couldn't drop 450K in cash on a house. They had more money than I did but that aint their fault.

They aren't going away and they aren't the only ones. The Chinese are buying up central Texas as well. Friend was approached by attorney representing group of Chinese investors, said they wanted 10k acres between Austin and San Antonio.
                      I think the bubble out there is artifically inflated and protected by the goverment. They are balloning a bubble here now that will keep many folks from owning homes im a resonable time or ever being debt free.

I have another whole rant on how our "money" isnt money anymore and that is a major component of all this. But thats a whole number can of worms

Comment

Heck I am a native Texian and moved away for a few years due to job, only to transfer back cause I wanted my kids to grow up in Texas. Funny thing is, alot of TX isnt really TX anymore. All the metro cities are definatly left of center now, except for like Ft. Worth. Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Corpus are all gone, look at the politics. I am amazed how many CA plates and IL plates are driving around. The only thing you can hope is that we are getting people from other states that are like minded. Looking at history, TX is currently the CA of old, everyone used to want to live in CA.

Comment

So are we anti development or just anti-California native development? It's funny how cities get developed and established and earn money through taxes and businesses, then those people want to tell little towns that they can't grow the same way. It's a free market. Or at least is should be. If you don't want it developed then earn more money and buy it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                            Wow really SA beat out Austin finally?
                            Because the ones trying to buy in Austin are still stuck in traffic

It will never stop because no one seems to care or rant until it happens to them. Then all the people previously screwed by them shrug their shoulders and say have fun it's your turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                              Taxing fellow Americans is not the answer. The reason the Texas economy is so strong is exactly because allot of out of state coorporations moving here. It is not the only reason but it it helps. Yup, they bring some of their own but they also hire plenty of Texans. Now taxing the living **** out of anything Chinese owned or made, I'm on board.
                              Taxing is usually not the answer but we need to do something to protect Texas from the far left tree hugging policies or we will follow their path to bankruptcy eventually. We all see it coming so why wait until it's too late?

Comment

They are all trying to open bbq joints and Mexican restaurants, because us locals don't make it right!!! �� prime example is fuzzies tacos "feta cheese on carna gusado"
                                Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 06-27-2017, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X