No announcement yet.

Stained concrete problems. Options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We originally wanted to stain the floors in our barndo, but after looking at the prices, tile was actually cheaper ... so we're going that route.

After looking at this, I'm kinda glad.

Hope you get it resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by calfroper_06 View Post
      After talking with the wife we have given the builder the final notice that we will not accept the stain. So this morning I measured the house out and figured all the sq/ft of each room etc. Called the flooring company and got quotes per footage prices on ceramic tile and carpet compared them to what the stain would have cost.

I had a meeting with the builder first thing this morning and presented him with numbers and calculation on what I will accept to pay as far as changing the floor out. But with the stipulation that I will not be responsible for paying what has been done. The meeting went decent, he did mention that he cant eat the total cost of the stain prices, but I held my ground and said I will not pay for it. He is contacting the flooring people to see if they will help with cost so it will be easier on everyone. At this point I'm just ready to get this over with and move forward with the build.
      Was the builder able to get it figured out?

Comment

I will say the builder should have covered the floor on Day 1. I think you're in trouble here. Grinding the floor is going to open it's own can of worms. I'd investigate other flooring options, that will be acceptable to you, that will be installed at no additional cost to you.

I'd be at least as concerned about the study floor. If i understand correctly, it sounds like you may have a cold joint, or worse, in your foundation. Not good.

Lastly, if you really hired a guy to build a perfect house, you're going to be disappointed. There is no such thing.

Comment

Working...
        X