• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
    This, at this point I think the stained concrete is out the window
    Might start looking at ceramic tile..

Comment

In my opinion (which means nothing!), the looks of that would not be acceptable to me.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
        I'm not even sure it's possible @ this point, but look into metallic epoxy. That's what we did in our new home & we love it. More durable than stain, no wear trails, fewer headaches all the way around. A little higher, but fairly comparably priced @ approx $5.50/sft.

Man that looks good !!!

Comment

Doesnt look stained. Looks almost dirty to me. Does not look like a real effort is being put forth to help you. Ive see old historic building slabs brought back to better shape than that. Even after years of being abandoned.
          Hard to tell from the pics and my opinion.
          With all the stains and epoxys nowadays youd think they could fix it up pretty ggod. Maybe get on the phone with a couple concrete stain companies and speak to some of their experts. Butterfield, Scofield, etc. Butterfield guys have a location in Temple. Sorry for your issues. Maybe I can get a Butterfield rep to help you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I would call that floor a total loss.

Im not a fan of overlays at all. Especially the whole house.

Time to cover it up or walk.

My company had to eat a partial 12k square floor once because of,this. Luckily it was a government contract and they met us half way as they picked the wrong color to start with. We got lucky there.

Out of all the concrete i have had stained, ive only seen a few bad jobs.

Comment

Heres a few updated photos
              Attached Files

Comment

It's like a mount you're not 100% happy with. If you're sort of unhappy looking at it now, you're going to hate looking at it every day for ...however long you live there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                  It's like a mount you're not 100% happy with. If you're sort of unhappy looking at it now, you're going to hate looking at it every day for ...however long you live there.
                  Your right about that. I dont like it at all right now. Giving it till tomorrow to fully cure. The builder is trying to convience me it will look good when everything is installed. Problem is we planned for the lighter floor and white/grey granite with dark doors, faucets and cabinets. This floor will look horrible in that combination I believe.

Comment

It's bad, you won't like it more later. Really stinks but time for plan B.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                      Suggest to abandon the stained concrete effort and select your 1st choice in a wood or natural stone floor. Adds value too.
                      My input wasn't intended to sound cold. Only sincere input. This is tough to absorb, but a new path will present itself. Stay the course.

Comment

I build houses in Bcs and we try to stay away from stained concrete unless it's an overlay. The builder should've had it stained after frame, the have the floor covered with poly, and the poly stapled to the studs and sheetrocked over it. That keeps it covered until the end and before any Sheetrock mud or anything else gets brought in. Who is the builder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                          My input wasn't intended to sound cold. Only sincere input. This is tough to absorb, but a new path will present itself. Stay the course.
                          No worries my friend, you are spot on with the suggestion.

Comment

For what it's worth - I feel your pain. We had a catastrophe with our stained concrete floors on our new build. Good news however, if you are really set on concrete floors, I think you can make it acceptable, but you will have to grind out what's been done. There are several imperfections with our floor, but I've come to accept that is what you get when it comes to concrete. It's never perfect.You HAVE to get someone that knows what they are doing. In my opinion, a good contractor that does it for a living can make it better. Either with an overlay or grinding. First picture is what our floors looked like with first concrete stain contractor. Second is after grinding with a second contractor that actually knew concrete floors. If I did it again, polished concrete is the way I'd go. I really do hope you get it all worked out and wish you the best of luck. If you have no money at risk, walk if it is not acceptable.

Comment

[ATTACH]859391[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]859392[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                                X