No announcement yet.

Attn: Runners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not a runner but I do 12 miles a week barefoot. The rest of the time I use $17 Walmart Avia (real flexible) with the support inserts removed and a flat neoprene insert installed. I run/jog/sprint over 30 miles a week for muscle tone and cardio.

Cured all of my foot problems because my feet are strong now like God intended.
    Last edited by Voodoo; 06-11-2017, 06:24 AM.

Comment

I also have started to run bare footed you have to really focus on form and if it starts to hurt it's best to stop, its easy to over do it and hurt yourself. But can be a great feeling and builds muscles in parts that don't get activated and it does a lot of good. But start slow and be careful, I'm 190 so you don't have to be a light weight to run barefoot. I find it best to start walking a lot barefoot before you try to run or jog. Good luck'

Comment

Anyone had mortons Nueroma? I have run 37 years and it started several months ago. My doc said try Advil 3times per day to get inflammation down. I think my shoes for running are too narrow. If Advil doesn't work he says shot will help for several months. Any suggestion on running shoes for this? Tried pads and cushions - no help

Comment

Originally posted by forest-hunter View Post
          I also have started to run bare footed you have to really focus on form and if it starts to hurt it's best to stop, its easy to over do it and hurt yourself. But can be a great feeling and builds muscles in parts that don't get activated and it does a lot of good. But start slow and be careful, I'm 190 so you don't have to be a light weight to run barefoot. I find it best to start walking a lot barefoot before you try to run or jog. Good luck'
          Absolutely start slow! I had a troop that put on a pair of them five finger shoes and busted out 25 miles, he couldn't walk again for two weeks.

If you ever watch closely a baby's feet and the muscles working, you'll be astounded that after wearing more and more support over the years, your little muscles don't work.

Unless you are jumping from an aircraft, Support is the worse thing ever.

Mortons Nueroma sucks, I personally think its shoe related but you might as well get a surgery done because even if the pain goes, its like you have a lump there from now on which will flair up. And just skip the steroid shots.
          Last edited by Voodoo; 06-11-2017, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Usually New Balance Minimus for me. I actually have been running in a cheaper pair of Reebok's I bought at Sam's lately. They are some of the most comfortable running shoes I've ever worn and are holding up great...for $30.

Comment

Nike air max works good for me. About 2 years per pair depending on how often I run

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                Good info fellas! I started running with minimal shoes a few years back but just could not stay with it. I was doing good but I have never had a mind for long distance running so I quit. I want to change that so I can run a few mid-distance races. What is the best way to get started with out causing injury. Last time I started of by running on a thread mill just so I could adjust to the shoes... your input is highly appreciated.
                I began by running a mile as quick as I could and burning out. I quickly realized this was not doing me any good for what I wanted to accomplish. I have began an HIIT program that pushes me to 2.5-3 miles every time. A good app I am using is C25K. There is also a C210K app. Pick the one that best suits your goals.

Other than that stretch, stretch and then stretch some more. You can never properly stretch enough.especially if you are doing any kind of strength training with your running.

I've never been a "runner" but I am really enjoying this type of training.

Comment

Hoka for last few years. Went in to pick up another pair and came home with a pair of the new Sketchers running shoes, I laughed when they recommend I try a pair on but comparable to Hokas and lighter in weight.

Comment

"Stay thirsty my friends."
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jfalcone8 View Post
                      I began by running a mile as quick as I could and burning out. I quickly realized this was not doing me any good for what I wanted to accomplish. I have began an HIIT program that pushes me to 2.5-3 miles every time. A good app I am using is C25K. There is also a C210K app. Pick the one that best suits your goals.

Other than that stretch, stretch and then stretch some more. You can never properly stretch enough.especially if you are doing any kind of strength training with your running.

I've never been a "runner" but I am really enjoying this type of training.

10-20 pound vests and jogging/walking for 2-5 miles really helps you get over the hump and shred weight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X