Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
      Asics gel kayano
      This,or Mizuno's

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Just depends on your foot. Check out Altra

Comment

Can't run anymore but nothing but Asics since about '85. I still wear them as casuals, and the GT 1000 is my favorite.

Comment

Heavier runners generally like the comfort with NB.

I have always liked the value of the construction and materials with Asics.

NIKE is fashionable, but not well made. Fun shoes if you don't mind replacing them often. My racing flats have always been NIKE.

I don't know about Addidas or UA running shoes, but their golf shoes and lifting shoes have performed very well for me.

Comment

Go get a pair of ON's. They are phenomenal.

Comment

Asics all the way

Comment

Brooks bands down!

Comment

Lalo Tactical Zodiac Recons
                    Love them.
                    link

Comment

asics gels for me, been running for 9 years hardcore now, I roughly put in 8-20 miles a week, ive tried probably every running shoe on the market, asics gel series has the best feel, last the longest and best shock resistant sole....mizuno's are a close second...under armour is crap unless your doing speed drills.....

Comment

Brooks Ghost 9 for road
                        Brooks Cascadia for trails
                        6' 215 lbs, size 14 shoe. Run half marathons on the road and 10k trail races. They work for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You are going to get a ton of opinions because different feet/running styles/running locations/etc... all mean different shoes fit better on some people than others. I've been known to order 5 pairs from Zappos and return all but one... just saying.

For long distance running (what I consider 13+ miles) i like the New Balance fresh foams (M980). I prefer these to the Hoka's simply because the Hoka's gave me knee pain. They are too squishy. I have a buddy that did a 100 miler in the Hoka's and I know they are big in the ultra community, so they work well for a lot of folks.

For general running (sub 13 miles) I like something a bit more minimal as I feel it builds up your ligaments and supports better. I have several pairs (ok lots) of NB Mix Master 2's that I bought when they were still made that have some more miles left. At the time, I did mostly trail running.
                          Last edited by Kevin; 06-09-2017, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Lalo Tactical Zodiac Recons
                            Love them.
                            link

Comment

Shoes

My $.02 as a running coach and former salesman at a specialty running store...

Although shoe fit is highly individual, there are some generalities.

Make sure the shoe fits; not just length but width and volume as well. Leave room for movement of foot inside shoe during running, and foot swelling. Test drive at the end of the day in the socks you will wear running.
                              (Some brands are known for running wide (New Balance) others more narrow (Brooks, Nike))

And yes, the expensive running socks are worth it.

Get evaluated for pronation or supination and buy the stability or motion control model if indicated.

Pay attention to drop/ramp rate. If you don't know what this means, stick with a traditional 10 or 12mm drop. (Avoid Altra, Newton) Sudden change here is a recipe for injury.

Most will do best with a traditional cushioned runner. Many, especially older or heavier runners will enjoy the max cushion EG Hoka.

What are you using now? Or have had luck with in the past? Weekly mileage, weight, form/efficiency? Be happy to point you in a direction given some details.

Last year's models/colors are a great way to save $$$.

Comment

I'm probably going to be the odd man out.
                                I run as close to barefoot as I can get using Merrill Vapor glovez [ not the kind with toes ].
                                Disclaimer #1 I run on my farm on dirt roads.However I have done 3- 1/2 ironman tri's wearing these shoes plus countless 10k's and such distance.
                                I'm a light weight at 150 lbs . I shifted to the minimalist several years ago after studying and perfecting my form which is critical for anyone intending to run for many years.
                                Disclaimer #2- transitioning to minimalist shoes takes time and an adjustment for the achilles and much of the structure. However once adjusted it is very natural to run essentially barefoot and be injury free for life.

I'm 62 and going strong
                                Last edited by elgato; 06-09-2017, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X