Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best advice your boss ever gave you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the best advice your boss ever gave you?

A few for me...

1. If what made you late doesn't show up on the evening news, you didn't give yourself enough time.

2. You can make excuses or make money...you can't make both!

3. It's not the employees job to serve the company, it's the company's job to serve its employees.

4. If you have to ask if it's ethical, it's not!

Every dollar you talk for is one less you have to work for.

Worry about the nickels and dimes and the dollars will take care of themselves.

Comment

If you don't like it, quit...

Well, bye!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is this what you want to do for the rest of your life?

Comment

When I first went into management, my boss said "be firm, but fair" in the treatment of your crew.

Comment

If you have a goal, write it down!

Comment

Never let anyone tell you "you're working too hard".
              Leave early enough to change a flat tire, and still be on time.

Comment

My GrandDad when I worked in the family retail biz many many moons ago:

"I'm not your boss & neither is your Dad...the paying customer is & treat them as such."

Comment

Manage client expectations. Under promise and over-deliver. Not the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
                    A few for me...

1. If what made you late doesn't show up on the evening news, you didn't give yourself enough time.

2. You can make excuses or make money...you can't make both!

3. It's not the employees job to serve the company, it's the company's job to serve its employees.

4. If you have to ask if it's ethical, it's not!
                    Thankful our military, peace officers, and fire department personnel don't follow #3.

Comment

About doing my job and pleasing management...
                      "Always keep the dogs off the porch"

Comment

Go back to school & get your diploma. I quit for a year in high school. My boss was real supportive & kept urging me to go back. I did & graduated. He kept me a part time job while I did. Best thing I ever did.

Comment

One boss said to me.....You get to be late twice a year. I was a kid then.

I told my hands, (years later), ...If you're early, you're on time, if you're on time, you're late, if you're late, you're fired ! I wasn't quite that rough, but it gave them something to think about.

Comment

Keep doing what you're doing

Comment

My first boss in the financial securities business gave me a little plaque that said "Many people fail in life not due to lack of brains, ability or even courage,but because they never focused their drive and abilities toward a specific goal"

Comment

Working...
                              X