No announcement yet.

Colonoscopy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been there and done that. Wife said I was a complete moron afterwards and got up before I was suppose to and walked around farting with my butt hanging out my gown for about 5 minutes. Bad part is that I went to the lobby during the 5 minutes and made a fool of myself. She said it was funny and she and a nurse were following me trying to get me back to the room.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

When I had mine they had me use SUPREP. It's only 6 oz that I had to mix with 10 oz of water. I had to drink that 2 times. It was not to bad.

Comment

Originally posted by rjet View Post
        Funny but not funny at the same time as I get to experience this for the first time Monday morning.
        For those of us that have been thru it we offer our condolences and deepest sympathy. Them doctors luv them virgins.
        Last edited by muzzlebrake; 04-05-2017, 03:57 PM.

Comment

I have the ribbon for a colonoscopy with 2 oak leaf clusters----but then my Mom died of bowel cancer and docs don't take any chances w/me. First one was a lot like yours--only I listened to the whole thing, and perked up when I heard "Well, look at that" and then the doc told me to look at the big screen TV at the shot of inside me--there was a perfect slice of lime stuck to my intestinal wall! And, then I remembered I had eaten Key Lime Pie one night that week. Doc took a picture as he said if he didn't, no one would believe him.

And before "withdrawing" he told me I needed to chew my food more thoroughly.

Comment

The genius that creates an ointment to effectively prep one's posterior for the painful deluge (I refer to it as 500 gallons of volcanic hot meatless chili) the night before the colonoscopy should get a Nobel Peace Price AND Sainthood!!!

cricman

Comment

Had mine done last month...not so humorous.

Had it done Monday (Feb 27th), went to work tuesday (home office is in Alice, 100mi from house) I get there about 8am & felt like I had the runs. Nope, what seemed to be about a gallon of blood leaves me just like the poop concoction I took on Sunday before the procedure. An artery clipped removing a polyp let loose.

Now, any normal person would have spoke up & said: "Hey, I need a ride back to the valley." Not me, I drive myself back not saying a word. I have to pull over twice. Yes, I passed out on the side of the road for a bit. Now, I have been passing out since I was a kid due to shots or anything needles, so I had plenty of time and knew what was coming, but beyond foolish trying to make it home on my own.

By the time I get to the hospital, my BP was 70/40 from blood loss...they go back in & add some clips or something. I take the rest of the week off. Go back to work on Monday March the 6th & everything working fine...till I get home. Yep, went to the potty & there it was again. BACK to the hospital!! I call my Dr at the office & they tell me he is out of town...wth!! I tell them to call him & let him know I am in route & get somebody lined up. He is in Houston & says he is flying down & will be there in 45. (assuming he was on the tarmac or has a private??) So, my poor wife gets to spend her 50th Birthday (March 7) with me at the hospital.

Hey, at least 3rd time is a charm & was able to make bownanza.

I go back tomorrow to go over the results...that polyp they removed did have some cancer in it, but was hopefully isolated to the crown. If not, they are going to want to cut out that section & splice the colon.

Guys, Chew has been through this...don't mess around. Colon cancer is one of the most common & one of the most easily cured (IF you get checked in time) I'm 47 & wasn't expecting to do this till I was 50, but a routine stool sample at my annual physical & history of it in my family pulled it in early. Imagine that parasite growing for another 3 years if I waited?? Yes, it was an ordeal & instead of having these **** procedures every decade, they are now every year for this cowboy.

Comment

I have had four. The prep sucks. The drugs are awesome !!!!

Comment

Got my appt on April 17th! YIPPEE!!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Now you can look forward to the fact if they found any polyps you get to do it again next year and every year until they don't find any!

Comment

Been there, done that and you are right. The Movi-prep is the worst thing devised by the medical community. The procedure and sleep were great.
                      Had a very close friend die from Colon Cancer. All funny stories aside, have it done.
                      Cancer seems to be on the rise, especially in the Houston area.
                      Swallow your pride and go.

By the way muzzlebrake, I'm going to re-post your story if that is ok with you.
                      Last edited by wsteffen; 04-05-2017, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Been there done that. January 2017. Get to go back in 3 years

Comment

I will be MovPreping it shortly myself. Thanks for the vodka tip.

Comment

Great read! I had this done at 57 and cancer was found stage 3-c So because I didn't want that hose up my arse I got the pleasure of Having about two foot of my colon removed and 9 months of weekly cemo treatments and and occational shot to boost my white cell count that hurt worst than the scope would have dry. If you wait you run the chance of still getting to do it just to see what they are up against. I keep all my medical checks up now. I now know I am no longer bullet proof. Good luck to all,Bottoms up.

Comment

Originally posted by rjet View Post
                              Funny but not funny at the same time as I get to experience this for the first time Monday morning.
                              Hilarious writeup as I just went through my 1st back in January. Prep day is BY FAR worse than procedure day. The procedure is no big deal at all.

Comment

Originally posted by huntingfanatic View Post
                                I have had four. The prep sucks. The drugs are awesome !!!!
                                X2 I was awake about 3/4 of the way during the first one. Jackknifed and they put me out.

Comment

Working...
                                X