Colonoscopy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
    Such drama for a simple procedure. You're asleep while it happens.

It's called medicine; ain't much of it that tastes good.

I'd rather have that done than a digital rectal exam.
    The only part that went well for me WAS the sleeping part during the procedure. Everything else SUCKED!!! I've had 2 of them and I'm also on the 10yr plan. Both times I had to drink the gallon of dish soap (or at least that's what it taste like) and it made me sick as a mule both times. The 1st procedure I had, I woke up after and was as nauseous as I've ever been (and I've had food poisoning 3 times and twice hospitalized for it). Turned out I was allergic to the anesthesia. So for the 2nd go round they gave me zofran before it and I woke up fine. The problem I had the 2nd time was that I drank the whole gallon of prep that night over the 8 hr period prescribed but never had a bowel movement. I was so sick and cramped up by morning that I almost cancelled. I finally started going about 30 min before we had to leave and ended up being late. I was still going to the bathroom at the hospital right up to the time they started prepping me. It was all clear by then so the doc said it would be fine. I'm starting to think I'll just take the cancer. Just kidding, as anyone who's had cancer, I'm sure will attest that a colonoscopy is a breeze in comparison. My wife had some new stuff when she had hers and she said it wasn't too bad, just a couple of glasses of something. I'm going to ask for what she had on my next one.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had 3 and they were all cake walks.

I suppose people have complications but that is not the norm for a simple procedure.

I even had pollops removed twice. One time one had a cancerous tip on it.

My wife was sick after hers, but she gets sick at the drop of a hat.

Comment

I had mine a couple months back (age 40). Sure glad I did or I might not’ve made 50. Had 2 small polyps removed, and one that was apparently rather sizable. Thank God none were cancerous, but they could have become cancerous had they not been removed.

So I’ve gotta go back in a year. Hopefully after that it’s at least 5 years for me.

Comment

Two timer here and still clean. Jeff Foxworthy has a routine about his procedure.LMAO

Comment

Gota agree Prep/clean out was /is worst...actual procedure a piece of cake...

Biggest thing is EM BARE *** MENT ...think I had 5 or 6

once I get through the wana Nap stage I'm 100% no soreness/or ill effects

Comment

I am 54 this month. Had my first one 3 years ago. Evidently they found 3 polyps and one of them was bad or something, now 3 years later have to go again. They don't have it scheduled yet but it will be soon as per my doc. Should be interesting. Sure glad they stay on top of it these days. The alternative is not so great.

Comment

Working...
              X