Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Prayers for My Niece Katie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers up

Comment

Prayers up for Katie.

Comment

Are y'all in Houston at MD Anderson now? MD Anderson is the leader in the fight against cancer and I pray to our Almighty that they are able to heal Katie that doesn't require either surgeries mentioned above.

Please, Lord Almighty, bless and touch Katie with your divine healing. Bless the medical staff treating Katie and guide their hands. Please bless Katie's family and give them strength during this difficult time. There is no doubt in my mind of the healing power of prayer, in Jesus' name, and I pray for a healing intercession from our Savior for little Katie.

In Jesus' name,
        Amen and Amen

Comment

Just now seeing this and sure isn't what I was hoping to read. I am very sorry to hear about this new potential. However, like said above, MD Anderson is the best place on the planet for her right now. I will sure be praying for a better second opinion! I also will send out a prayer request to my Bible Study group. Have had lots of good folk praying for Katie, and it will continue until the Lord heals her.

Comment

Prayers sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
              Are y'all in Houston at MD Anderson now? MD Anderson is the leader in the fight against cancer and I pray to our Almighty that they are able to heal Katie that doesn't require either surgeries mentioned above.

Please, Lord Almighty, bless and touch Katie with your divine healing. Bless the medical staff treating Katie and guide their hands. Please bless Katie's family and give them strength during this difficult time. There is no doubt in my mind of the healing power of prayer, in Jesus' name, and I pray for a healing intercession from our Savior for little Katie.

In Jesus' name,
              Amen and Amen
              Amen!!!

Comment

A long post from Katie's Facebook page. Please make Katie a place in your prayers this week and especially Wednesday.

We had our appt in KC with the surgeon on Tuesday and after reviewing the MRI results the Oncologist and the Orthopedic Surgeon believe the tumor is encapsulated, meaning her immune system has responded by creating a shell around the tumor and preventing the tumor from spreading. This is very good news as her body has responded to the chemo just as they had hoped.

We arrived in Houston Tuesday night and met with Orthopedic Surgery, Oncology, Physical Therapy and Prosthetic teams on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday morning. After all of our meetings the teams recommended the same options as the team in KC. The three options on the table are (Rotationplasty, Amputation and Non Invasive Prosthetic).

Katie was able to meet two girls that had the rotationplasty surgery, one is 21yrs old, a college volleyball athlete and is looking to go back to play college volleyball with her prosthetic, she is 1 year post surgery. The other was 6 yrs old and she is 1 year post surgery as well. This was very encouraging for Katie to see the outcome of the surgery.

The non invasive prosthetic (basically a knee joint replacement) has some limitations, no running, jumping, sports and revision surgeries approximately every 10 years and if there are problems then the only other option is an above the knee amputation.

The rotationplasty will allow her to keep her ankle as her knee joint and be more functional for the rest of her life. This procedure is very common in Europe but is not as widely accepted in the US due to the appearance, but is gaining in popularity due to the function it provides. After discussing the options with Katie she wants to do the rotationplasty surgery so that she can be active and do all the activities she wants to do (she really wants to play basketball again). We agree.

The process at MD Anderson would mean a month in Houston and multiple visits per year to Houston. The process at KC is much less strenuous on the family as we will be in the hospital for 4-5 days then home. The post surgery recovery and process is much quicker to a prosthesis and full weight bearing with KC.

After evaluating both we are planning on going forward with KC, we found out today that the surgeon will be leaving town Thursday evening and we want to make sure that there will be someone there to keep an eye on Katie post surgery through Sunday. We will find out more on Monday, right now the plan is to move forward with the surgery on Wednesday.

This is a difficult decision, but we first must save our daughter and secondly this gives her back her active childhood. She will be able to play basketball, run, jump and do whatever she wants to do. We have a long road ahead of us with good/bad days, but we are confident that Katie will ROCK this new leg. She is determined to get back to life and be independent and we fully support her.

A big Thank You to John Wheeler and John and Jill Walrod for their help this week and making it possible for us to get the second opinion for Katie.

Here are some pictures of the adventures this week. Katie made us promise that we would have some fun, so we went to the Houston Aquarium.
                Attached Files

Comment

Prayer sent.

Comment

Prayers of strength and healing. Y'all sound like great parents and she looks like a great kid. In Jesus name we pray, Amen

Comment

Prayers sent.....

Comment

Prayers continuing.

Comment

Wow, what a brave little girl. May the lord walk with her and her family on this journey. KCA young lady!

Comment

prayers sent

Comment

Continued prayers for Katie and family.

Comment

Another critical update. Katie's amputation and rotationplasty is scheduled for tomorrow morning (Monday, 5/22). She is also having a lot of pain from injuring her leg recently. Here is the latest post from her Facebook page:

We talked with the surgeon's office on Friday and were able to confirm the details for the surgery tomorrow. We will travel to KC this afternoon and check-in at the Downtown KU Med Main Hospital tomorrow at 5:30am, surgery is scheduled for 7:30am. The rotationplasty surgery will take approximately 6 hours and then we will meet up with Katie in recovery. On Friday night Katie accidentally stepped on her leg and either aggravated the fracture in the tibia or created a new break. This has caused a significant amount of pain for her to move her leg and she has been on heavy pain meds since then. She is not able to move much without pain and we have had to carry her to bed and the bathroom. We discussed this with the doctor on Friday night and he said we needed to immobilize the leg as much as possible. Katie is ready for the surgery and to move on, we have been doing research and watching videos of people who have gone through this, the outcomes are very encouraging and with hard work Katie will be very successful. Please pray specifically for the following:
                                -Katie's Safety during the surgery and recovery, that all will go smooth with no complications.
                                -For the surgeon and nurses, give them wisdom and skillful steady hands.
                                -For Katie's pain through today and in the morning.
                                -Emotional strength for Katie as this will be a life altering event and her attitude will determine the long term outcome.
                                -100% Necrosis of the Cancerous Tumor.

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Philippians 4:4-7 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! 5 Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. 6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Comment

Working...
                                X