No announcement yet.

Crappie withdrawals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lavon would work great! Prob get a big TBH turnout for it too. Wonder if the camp grounds will be open. Not sure if it was Lake Lewisville or Lavon that the parks were closed for repair last year.

Comment

We could probably be up for a crappie bash. Got a new to me boat and Santa left a new Garmin Striker 7SV under the tree, moving up from two 1980s Humminbirds.

Comment

Pic

Pic
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice look-n rig Razorback! That will fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
            Pic
            Nice rig! Love being able to maneuver those small boats. I run a 17.5x60 now. But used to have a glasstream 15' bass hull with a 70. Caught a lot of fish on that rig.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
              Rayburn in May or June. Would catch em all over and plenty of cabins to rent!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m in!!!

Comment

I'll do my best to make it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Rayburn in May or June. Would catch em all over and plenty of cabins to rent!!

I'm down for that!

Comment

If Rayburn, anyone capable of making sure we stay off the stumps? I'm pretty capable of guiding a boat if I know the water, Rayburn- never been there.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                      If Rayburn, anyone capable of making sure we stay off the stumps? I'm pretty capable of guiding a boat if I know the water, Rayburn- never been there.

There's a boat lane chip that has the trails for Rayburn on it! I might still have them in an email. I would say May 11-13 on Rayburn somewhere on the west arm. Jackson hill. Cassel Boykins. Something like that. I'm sure there's some good cabins for rent there. Places to go eat. And Rayburn is hands down the easiest crappie lake I've ever fished in my life. I've only been there 2 weekends but would love to go back. First trip knowing nothing about the lake we caught 200/300 fish in 2 days. Tourney weekend later with what we found from the first trip we probably put 500/600 fish in the boat in 2 days. One brushpile I know I caught a crappie 37 pitches in a row swimming the jig over the pile about 10' deep. It's 3 hours for me but worth it to stomp a mudhole in the slabs!!

Comment

Everybody staying in the same campground would be a plus. That would promote a campfire gathering at the end of the day, along with dinner.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

There's a boat lane chip that has the trails for Rayburn on it! I might still have them in an email. I would say May 11-13 on Rayburn somewhere on the west arm. Jackson hill. Cassel Boykins. Something like that. I'm sure there's some good cabins for rent there. Places to go eat. And Rayburn is hands down the easiest crappie lake I've ever fished in my life. I've only been there 2 weekends but would love to go back. First trip knowing nothing about the lake we caught 200/300 fish in 2 days. Tourney weekend later with what we found from the first trip we probably put 500/600 fish in the boat in 2 days. One brushpile I know I caught a crappie 37 pitches in a row swimming the jig over the pile about 10' deep. It's 3 hours for me but worth it to stomp a mudhole in the slabs!!

It’s got some monster ditch pickles too when we get tired of perch jerkin!!

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
                            It’s got some monster ditch pickles too when we get tired of perch jerkin!!

For the record I never get tired of catching slabs! But once I get thirsty it's beer drinking time and I can't do both at the same time correctly![emoji2]

You mean people chase trashfish on purpose??[emoji33]

With Mother's Day the weekend of the 13th. Maybe the weekend before would be better? Cinco de Mayo at Rayburn!! Margaritas and slabs!!![emoji7]

Comment

For the record I never get tired of catching slabs! But once I get thirsty it's beer drinking time and I can't do both at the same time correctly![emoji2]

With Mother's Day the weekend of the 13th. Maybe the weekend before would be better?Cinco de Mayo at Rayburn!! Margaritas and slabs!!![emoji7]

Now your talk-n! Things gonna get real serious now.

Comment

With Mother's Day the weekend of the 13th. Maybe the weekend before would be better? Cinco de Mayo at Rayburn!! Margaritas and slabs!!![emoji7]

I’m out on the first weekend as of right now. Have inventory scheduled at work. I can do 18-20.

Comment

Working...
                                X