No announcement yet.

Crappie withdrawals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These dang little speckled and striped fish tick me off! I can not get the hang of catching these little suckers! I am going to have to break down and hire a guide to learn. It is tough forking out $300 to go fishing when I have...I will never say out loud how much $$$ in fishing tackle and boat already paid for!
    Last edited by Cantcatch5; 09-15-2017, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Sometimes a little lesson can go a very long way. Like lifetime long.

Find a buddy and split the cost.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
        These dang little speckled and striped fish tick me off! I can not get the hang of catching these little suckers! I am going to have to break down and hire a guide to learn. It is tough forking out $300 to go fishing when I have...I will never say out loud how much $$$ in fishing tackle and boat already paid for!
        Wish you were closer!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
          Finally got on the water after lunch. Lots of dinks but we got it done!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Looks like you got a fix after 8 days on the wagon!

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post

Go see Chris Webb on Cedar Creek Lake. Best crappie guide and nicest guy I know. Tell him your dilemma. I guarantee you will learn to catch them. When I first learned I had to use a guide. I could catch them but not like I wanted to. This one little trip was worth it. If you go tell him Jeff Hall sent you. He'll take care of y'all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Finished with 46/47 today. Toughest day I've had on Palestine in a long time! Maybe I'm just spoiled!

Comment

Finished with 46/47 today. Toughest day I've had on Palestine in a long time! Maybe I'm just spoiled!

I call it paying dues, any day on the water is a good day and you had a great one!

Comment

Originally posted by chief262 View Post
                  I call it paying dues, any day on the water is a good day and you had a great one!

My kid summed it up best!! He was in trouble so he didn't get to go this weekend! He smiled and told me 47 is great day on the water!! We might have to slip away some afternoon soon. Weekends are pretty much toast the rest of the year outside of the state championship Oct 13-14!

Comment

Crappie withdrawals

Fishing was tough last 2 weeks but today was payback time!! Prolly caught 150 keepers today. Kept 50 good ones and tossed the rest back!! Caught em everywhere we went on anything we tried!

Comment

Fishing was tough last 2 weeks but today was payback time!! Prolly caught 150 keepers today. Kept 50 good ones and tossed the rest back!! Caught em everywhere we went on anything we tried!

Nice. I knew it would be getting good soon. Good day right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Happy Columbus Day!!! Since little man was out of school we stayed and the camp and beat down some slabs!!!

Comment

Were yall on the Pinta? . Good times he will always remember!

I've still been waiting for it to cool off. What depth were yall hook-n-em up?

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

What's the closest lake to sw Houston to catch crappie? My daughter loves to catch panfish but we have never caught crappie. She would go crazy for something bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleGProstaff View Post
                                What's the closest lake to sw Houston to catch crappie? My daughter loves to catch panfish but we have never caught crappie. She would go crazy for something bigger.

I can't really help you on close. The closest lake I've been to and smoked em was Rayburn. That lake was silly easy to catch slabs on.

Comment

Working...
                                X