No announcement yet.

This one takes the prize....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, is there nothing people won't steal.
    Last edited by thewalt; 02-09-2017, 06:12 PM.

Comment

There is a place just east of Fulton on Patton that sells paint and stuff. You might go by there and look around.
      By the way, my above post was just a joke!

Comment

I used to work in construction. Just so happens, a family member's college instructor lived across the street from a job we were working on. Ended up doing work for him later on. He had inherited his great grandparents' home where he lived. It was/is in a rough neighborhood. Burglar bars on every window, door, and AC unit. His home was packed full of lovely antique furniture. Tired of burglaries, he bought a large dog to deter thieves. Dang thugs stole the dog too while it was locked inside. I don't blame the guy for selling out and moving far away.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
          It's usually an inside job.

I'm in Oak Forest not too far from you. I added on & remodeled my house last year. I made the guys take all the material to the back yard before they left if it was dropped off in the front yard. Scum will steal anything these days. I can't tell you how many times I watched guys drive by and slow down to take a look at what was lying there.
          Guy down the road from me is adding onto his house. He's renting a construction POD and has it sitting in the front driveway. No telling how many times people lately have tried to break into it. He has put up signs to try and deter them.

Comment

Built a house in a less than desirable neighborhood in Houston where the door was stolen off of it twice.

Comment

I live in Cypress and work just south of the Heights. When we were building our house, the inspector left his ladder on the first floor while he went to the second floor. Some jackwad came in an took his ladder.

Comment

Originally posted by jmac24 View Post
                I live in Cypress and work just south of the Heights. When we were building our house, the inspector left his ladder on the first floor while he went to the second floor. Some jackwad came in an took his ladder.
                That's funny.

Comment

Originally posted by mudcatz71 View Post
                  Have y'all ever heard of cranking generator running cords around new building plugging in tool and having no power. Walk back around to see generator gone and a truck hailing *** down the road?

Working hurricanes methers would steal generators by cranking up the victims lawnmower and then unplugging the generator and driving off with it! People would think their generator was still running to come around the corner and find their push mower running with the handle tied shut!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jmac24 View Post

Buddy got left on a 2 story apartment roof in Chicago half a day when they stole his ladder! Then stole his truck!! Had to have something to get the ladder away with!! I always used big wire twist ties to tie mine to the gutter.

Comment

My buddy had his welding leads stolen in Round Rock while he was welding. He said he lost his arc, looked at the stinger and it shot out of his hand. He went to the window and looked down and a couple guys were throwing it into the back of their truck. By the time he got down stairs they were hauling off down the road.

Comment

I build houses. Construction sites are a shopping mall for thieves. I could go on for days.. A few years ago I haf 7-8 houses going on one street and had appliance delivered to a house around 830am. Walked in verified all were good, left my company truck parked in front of the house and went to check out the house next door. 45 minutes later I came back to find that all were gone.

Earlier this week plumbing trim was done and I closed up the house at 515pm. The next morning when I went to unlock it all the shower heads were gone. Gated community..

My model was kicked in just before Christmas by two guys with their faces covered to hide from the 8 cameras in and around the house. They had trouble getting the tv off the wall and the alarm went off so they casually walked back out and drove 5 houses down and hit our competitors model. No disrespect - I showed up 27 minutes later and two more coworkers and the other home building competitor showed up and 10-15 minutes later the police finally showed up, irritating.

I have had several copper lines stolen from houses. A full trailer load of lumber disappeared after 6pm with no witnesses. Took just the motor off a $400 whirlpool tub?? Light bulbs. Keyed door knobs. Ceiling fan blades.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                          My father and I figured that they could have made more money per hour at minimum wage working an honest job, but they'd rather work at stealing.

I have a relative by marriage that can't make an honest buck if he tried. If you told him to go from point A too B had two routes and the crooked one paid less he'd still take it over the honest one

Comment

Originally posted by Passafist View Post
                            I'm in the Heights also, and a ms13 gangbanger was in my truck on morning. After putting a hole through him the stealing stopped for a couple of years, looks like it might be that time again. Some jack wad actually stole the chairs off my front porch about 3 months ago
                            that's what I'm talking about. just one of these POSs can create a lot of chaos. a small group of 1-3 people can go out and hit 20 or 30 cars a night. not to mention the circles they run in, word travels around that people are fed up with it.

good job.

Comment

My wife is a nurse at an outpatient dialysis clinic. She says people who come to the clinic regularly steal things out of the bathrooms like soap, paper towels, and toilet paper. She said she thought she had seen it all after a toilet seat was taken, but no...one day they noticed water in the hallway, went and checked and discovered someone had stolen the flapper valve and float out of the toilet! I think if they had a hole in the ground to use as a toilet someone would probably steal that too!

Regards,

Dave

Comment

There was a master planned community north of town that was getting their ACs stolen, right after they got installed. The developer set up a game camera and caught the AC tech, installing the units during the day. Then going back at night and stealing them.

We did some work with a big car lot on Shepherd in the Heights. They said they had about 40 sets of wheels and tires stolen off of their lot on a Sunday night. Cant imagine the logistics of trying to steal so many objects, transporting them, then reselling them.

Best one though has to be them stealing a security camera. We set up dummy ones on job sites, that is basically a flashing light and a camera looking thing. Some have working cameras, some dont. Any who, I dont know if they thought they got caught or not, so they just took the whole contraption. Which isnt small.

Comment

Working...
                                X