This one takes the prize....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
    and it wasn't like it was $200 cheapo from Walmart.
    This would be my guess. I supposed we can't use the ol' "they'll take anything that isn't nailed down" line?

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      I hope the this is an open and shut case. The investigation will probably hinge on fingerprints or DNA. This thief should be locked up. If they catch him, have a few fingers of knob creek to celebrate. Or find the crook and slam him.

See what I did there.
      And throw away the keys

Comment

I always read the "I got my stuff ripped off from bass pro shops parking lot stories" and shake my head. We live in a brutal world. Why leave anything of value in your car? Here in the Houston Heights you might as well just throw your stuff away if you're going to do that. I'm a pretty locked down individual and I'm definitely not afraid to walk out of the house with a shotgun and stick it up to a thieve's head .....like I did a few years ago.

However how can you prepared for somebody stealing your front door??? Yup, our front door!! Now we are in the process of having our house totally renovated and we're not currently living there ( renting the house immediately next-door). I got home from the airport at 11 o'clock last night and when I pull past the house being remodeled I could not understand why the contractors left the door wide open! Upon further investigation I realized the door was gone!

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad and it wasn't like it was $200 cheapo from Walmart. Oh well motion detector goes up, they'll be back and they will wish like hell they didn't.

On a construction site everything is up for grabs.

Comment

...I guess I had the right to do it because after all somebody in my wife's car at one in the morning was somewhat of an invasion of privacy! Invasion of privacy it's called a robbery!
          Actually it called burglary of a vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by mudcatz71 View Post
            Have y'all ever heard of cranking generator running cords around new building plugging in tool and having no power. Walk back around to see generator gone and a truck hailing *** down the road?
            I have seen this and hoses disconnected from air compressors several times. The best I have seen was our painter was on the 2nd floor of a building with his spray rig outside. I hear someone screaming and sure enough a guy disconnected his hose and was running down the road pulling the spray rig behind him. Needless to say it was not hard to find with a trail of paint to follow.

Comment

That is some crazy stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                You got me thinking.

Why would someone in the White Oak Bayou Barrio have the hinges to their front door on the outside of the house?
                They evidently got in through one of the several windows or openings. We are doing a major blow-out and house is not secure. The hinges were on inside...I know better than that! But should have known better and had the contractors take that door and put it into storage!

Interesting ...The hinges are still here, but I only found one screw? This gets me to think perhaps one of the subcontractors was on the inside and removed several of the screws so that the actual heist could go easier?

Comment

They'll be back for those windows later!

Comment

I'm in the Heights also, and a ms13 gangbanger was in my truck on morning. After putting a hole through him the stealing stopped for a couple of years, looks like it might be that time again. Some jack wad actually stole the chairs off my front porch about 3 months ago

Comment

Originally posted by Passafist View Post
                      I'm in the Heights also, and a ms13 gangbanger was in my truck on morning. After putting a hole through him the stealing stopped for a couple of years, looks like it might be that time again. Some jack wad actually stole the chairs off my front porch about 3 months ago
                      Hey neighbor! We need more like you. I came about 2 pounds of pressure on my trigger finger from killing a dude in my wife's car two years ago. That also seemed to have an effect on the crime for a while. After last night it certainly is that time again.

Comment

Lost a hind quarter and 2 backstraps to thieves in Dallas one night. We were eating at D's last resort.

Hopefully it was a homeless dude that was hungry

Comment

Originally posted by mole View Post
                          I have a buddy here in Iowa and he owns a few rentals. He went to check on one of his properties after the tenants left and when he opened the basement door ........ the STAIRS were GONE!!

Still cannot figure that one out.
                          Firewood perhaps

Comment

They evidently got in through one of the several windows or openings. We are doing a major blow-out and house is not secure. The hinges were on inside...I know better than that! But should have known better and had the contractors take that door and put it into storage!

Interesting ...The hinges are still here, but I only found one screw? This gets me to think perhaps one of the subcontractors was on the inside and removed several of the screws so that the actual heist could go easier?
                            It's usually an inside job.

I'm in Oak Forest not too far from you. I added on & remodeled my house last year. I made the guys take all the material to the back yard before they left if it was dropped off in the front yard. Scum will steal anything these days. I can't tell you how many times I watched guys drive by and slow down to take a look at what was lying there.

Comment

Set you up a game camera in your front yard when the contractors aren't there. Maybe go live?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wait, wait, wait, I went to school in the Heights in the '60's amd still work off I45 and Patton St. There ain't on thieves around there. There are only people that borrow your stuff without asking and forget to return it. Poor lost souls, they just need a hug!

Comment

Working...
                                X