Hagerman Hog Hunt Segment B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
    Bloodweed?, that sh*t is all over granger.

I don't know what it is but my out land has some also I will take pictures tomorrow.

The heat will knock it down in the summer but it's aggravating right now

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
      Bloodweed?, that sh*t is all over granger.
      Yep sounds exactly like bloodweeds. Pigs live in that stuff out at Granger.

Comment

Is this bloodweed?

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
          Is this bloodweed?

Anyone know?

I moved here five years ago and this stuff wasn't here. The last two wet years that we have had have really caused it to grow.

I took my four wheeler yesterday and ran over a bunch of it where I was planning on putting a feeder. Four wheeler flattened it nicely!

Comment

That looks like dead stalks of ragweed.

Comment

Looks like bloodweed and ragweed are the same thing. And I think you guys are onto something.

Anyway where water stood in Hagerman, there is a bunch of it and it will be very hard to hunt in

Comment

No their not, bloodweed is thicker and grows much taller, if you know anyone with alleries ragweed will make them downright sick, bloodweed won't, at certain times of year the pollen coming off the ragweed can be thick.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Anyone bow hunting only?

Comment

I will be..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll probably bow hunt only but I'll have shotgun in backup

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup, my buddy and I will be bow only also

Comment

Man I need to get out and scout. I don't wanna show up and wander around in that bloodweed all weekend. I've followed H threads for years and have yet to set foot on the place

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
                              Man I need to get out and scout. I don't wanna show up and wander around in that bloodweed all weekend. I've followed H threads for years and have yet to set foot on the place
                              Ah heck, that's half the fun of hunting pigs at the "H"! Nobody care if you just wander around and shoot pigs!

Sadly, those of us in Seg. A will be killing them all so I feel bad for you suckers in B

Comment

I have a question I was hoping y'all could help out with. I just started hunting hogs within the last year and am yet to be successful. I was drawn for segment B and will be bow hunting only. I guess my question is what is the best way to be successful here at Hagerman during this hunt, and more importantly how do I assure that I don't interfere with the other hunters during this weekend. I just don't want to stalk around and mess up any ones hunt. Do y'all stalk, or do you set up a tree stand and approach this more like a deer hunt? Any info would be much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                                X