Best all around knives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grand Passage View Post
    I have the Buck Alpha Crosslock and it has quickly become my favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like these too.

See Browning 828. Might be your new favorite too.

Comment

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
      Looking to get a nice knife for my son. What do you guys recommend for a good all around knife that would mainly be used for whitetails? Not looking for the Yeti version, but something that is great all around. Would like to keep it under $200 and would not be opposed to a set of knives if that is what people prefer.
      hard to beat a folding lock back from Gerber or Kershaw,,, and have plenty of change left over

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
        hard to beat a folding lock back from Gerber or Kershaw,,, and have plenty of change left over

That's what I have but I'm looking for something a little more special for him.

Comment

Best all around knives

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
          That's what I have but I'm looking for something a little more special for him.

My favorite skinner is an Anza. I've had for about 7 years now. They're pretty also.

Zen Cart! : - sheaths 8F- small 10F- MEDIUM POPULAR (6-7 OA) 12F- large (8-11 OA) 6F-mini/tiny!!! (4-5 OA) 14F- heavy duty! fillet custom/dress knives **FOR OUR DEALERS:READY-2-SHIP** accessories gifts: ready to ship ABOUT ANZA/FAQS/CONTACT ecommerce, open source, shop, online shopping, store

Last edited by JW; 12-14-2016, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by byrdman03cars View Post
            Outdoor edge, I have used the swingblade knife for several years! I love it, holds an edge very well and also is easy to resharpen!
            x2

Comment

I would go Stic for a fixed.

Folder, a nice 110.

EDC, Benchmade or the higher end Gerbers like their autos.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                For a store bought I like the knives of Alaska .
                Knives of Alaska
                Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                For a store bought I like the knives of Alaska .
                Knives of Alaska factory is actually right down the road from me. If you guys in the texoma area weren't already in the know

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Havalon with a 100 pack of blades. He will still be thanking you 15 years from now! Then buy him a nice everyday blade with the remaining $130. I'm a knife freak, but I always reach for the Havalon and a fresh blade when it's time to skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                    For a skinning knife I have used cutco for over 15 years. I have both blades and though the "double d" will stay sharper longer I prefer the straight edge and will still skin 6-7 deer before I touch it up.
                    Cutco is what I carry in my back pack and I have had the same experience. Although they are not flashy knives they are very usable. I also carry the two blades "double d" and the straight edge and yes the straight edge will keep an edge very well and I use the "D-D" knife mostly for splitting the sternum but it works well as a skinner also. Free sharpening for life and you can have them etched with initials as well. Like I said not a flashy knife but a good knife.

Comment

I prefer a simple Kershaw Skyline. Cheap and holds a great edge that I can get razor sharp. I don't like big knives to to gut or skin though.

Comment

Working...
                      X