No announcement yet.

Poison Ivy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to prevent it is dill a hole in 3 pennies and tie them around your kneck about a month before you go into the are with poison oak/ivy and or a copper bracelet sounds like you need a trip to the coast and soak in saltwater or mix up a strong solution of hot salty water and soak in it You will be surprised how this wl dry out the blisters give it a try

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post

Lots of people say that you can't spread poison ivy from an existing rash, and that you must be touching something with oils still on it. I call BS on that because I've got it on my forearm near my elbow, two days later I'd have it on my bicep exactly where my infected forearm can touch/come in contact.
      Many people believe like you do. But a lot of the times if you got it on your forearm and had not washed the oil off from the initial contact with the plant, it may take longer for it to began to show in that area. Hints why it is right where your forearm touches. The last few times I have had contacted poison ivy I have washed the area immediately and usually only infects that spot.

Comment

I'm sure poison ivy sucks but try having daily psoriasis outbreaks on top of your feet for 2.5 years. I wish I just had poison ivy.

Comment

Highly allergic to poison ivy. Got it bad summer 2015. I tried everything non-prescription but couldn't shake it..seemed like I scratched half my darn leg off. I finally went to doc, got two shots and I got rid of it in 3 days after having what looked like raw flesh on my legs. I got it this summer again and called office to see what they gave me. I got a Kenalog 40 shot and a shot of dexamethasone in my glute. So i went in and got that again. and it worked like a charm. K-40 is a corticosteriod and Dexa is also a steroid. That will pump your system up so much you could freakin' eat bullets. They turn you body into a inflammation fighting / healing machine. See what your doctor says if you go back for it in future.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
            Get another shot. I've had to have more than one before as I'm extremely allergic.
            That's what I was thinking. I used to get it real bad anytime I was down wind of that stuff. Now I never get it. Another shot is what I'd do.

Comment

Working...
            X