Millennials...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of that gen. Were brought up by parents that made them earn stuff
    Some were brought up with parents that told them how special they are and that they were always a winner.
    Thats why they cant wrap their silly brains around the dact that they didnt get what they wanted yesterday

Comment

It grated me a while to be lumped in to the millenials bunch...the demographics to the millenials apparently keeps changing...was those born mid 70s to ?...to those born mid80s to ?.

I pay no mind because I see folk much older than I am...born prior to mid60s...coaching the millenials how to be free loaders.

Q:How many millenials doea it take to change a light bulb?
      A: Two. One to change the bulb. One to post about it on social media and tag the worker.

I almost went down to Austin to protest the protests...but I had work to do.

Comment

Pretty broad generalization you're making there, not accurate of all of us.

Comment

I have people from 26 to 63 working for me. They get along great. In fact, my department is being used as a model for the other departments in the company of what our culture should look like.

I have a lady who is 26 who works for me who is great employee and go-getter. The next youngest employee is 40, and she works with him every day without problem. I think we read these articles by a few millenials who say "this is what we want" and think it is representative of the whole generation.

Comment

I too am a Millennial, a business owner, devote family man.. And generally speaking most of my friends are that way too..I follow a blog AoM, here are some statistics they posted somewhat recently about Millennials in an Article Titled "Men & Status: A Cause Without Rebels — Millennials and the Changing Meaning of Cool", and I found them to be interesting..

9 out of 10 young people think it’s important to get good grades and 72% graduate high school — a record high.
            In 1980, 60% of high school seniors had tried pot, and 9% smoked it daily; today, 45% have tried it, and 6.6% smoke regularly.
            In 1980, a third of high school seniors had smoked cigarettes in the past month; today that number is less than 1 in 5.
            In 1980, 72% of high school seniors said they had recently consumed alcohol; only 40% said the same in 2011.
            In 1981, 43% of high school seniors had tried an illegal drug other than pot; in 2011, only 25% had done so.
            The number of boys who’ve had sex by the time they’re 19 has fallen by almost 20% since 1988.
            The teen birth rate has declined almost continuously over the last twenty years.
            52% of Millennials say being a good parent is one of the most important things in life — 10% higher than the number of Generation Xers who said the same thing.
            70% of Millennials want to get married, and 74% want to have children.
            Contrary to popular belief, the divorce rate has been falling, not rising, over the last 30 years; those who married in the 2000s are so far divorcing at even lower rates (especially among the college-educated, of whom only 11% have divorced), and if current trends continue, nearly two-thirds of marriages will never involve a divorce.

I'd post a link to the article, which is very fascinating and well written, but I'm not sure mods would allow..Should be able to find it if interested..
            Last edited by jlp04c; 11-10-2016, 08:27 AM. Reason: change

Comment

5 out of 5 people will die...

Those stats are wack

Comment

Keep setting a good example and maybe they will start to realize their bad choices.

Comment

I have two nieces that would be classified as Millennials and both are college graduates and have great jobs, work hard and voted for Trump. Maybe there should be Millennials and Lazy Millennials classifications

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
                    My definition of a "millennial" is a spoiled brat that expects everything to be given to them without having to work for it. I believe most of them were products of how their parents raised them, in most cases, and what is actually taught when they go to college. Thank God my dad fired me from our family business after high school, for being lazy, and made me go learn how to work. These protesters don't have to wake up to go to work tomorrow, and I am thankful that they are worried that their handouts are probably going to start dissapearing soon Btw my BIL is one of them

Edit: I don't think my in-laws were what made my BIL this way... but more so college and the people he surrounded himself with. Just in case they read this lol
                    That may be YOUR definition, but the REAL definition of a millennial is someone who graduated high school on or after the year 2000.
                    Authors William Strauss and Neil Howe are widely credited with naming the Millennials.[1] They coined the term in 1987, around the time children born in 1982 were entering preschool, and the media were first identifying their prospective link to the new millennium as the high school graduating class of 2000.
                    Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials

You're painting with quite a broad brush in your definition. I'm a year 1 millennial...graduated in 2000. I have had a job ever since I was 15 years old. I worked my way through college (bachelors & masters in engineering) scrimping, saving and paying my tuition and living expenses as I went so I could graduate debt free. I proved myself in an internship during college that transitioned to a great job right out of college and have worked in my field ever since. I support my family, continually work to improve my house, my land and myself. Just thought you could use an alternative example of another one of "them millennials".

Comment

I think generalizations are very close minded, judgmental, and inaccurate

But that is just me

Comment

Originally posted by bk913 View Post
                        Pretty broad generalization you're making there, not accurate of all of us.
                        If any post in this thread offended you, then yes, you should be lumped in with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                          I think generalizations are very close minded, judgmental, and inaccurate

But that is just me
                          Spoken like a true millennial

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
                            My definition of a "millennial" is a spoiled brat that expects everything to be given to them without having to work for it. I believe most of them were products of how their parents raised them, in most cases, and what is actually taught when they go to college. Thank God my dad fired me from our family business after high school, for being lazy, and made me go learn how to work. These protesters don't have to wake up to go to work tomorrow, and I am thankful that they are worried that their handouts are probably going to start dissapearing soon Btw my BIL is one of them

Edit: I don't think my in-laws were what made my BIL this way... but more so college and the people he surrounded himself with. Just in case they read this lol
                            Its not millenials. That generation has been fighting wars in the middle east for the last ten years try lumping them in with that group. The correct terms is cupcakes or snowflakes.

Comment

While the Internet has allowed bow hunters to congragate online, it has also allowed other groups to connect as well, namely the idiots we call millenials. Whereas before, these idiots who are protesting and getting butt hurt and offended over every single thing, would have been told to shut up and put up, now they go online and are able to find tons of other wussified punks who also got their panties in a wad over the same trivial thing making them think their hurt feelings matter to the world. Now they congregate and "protest" and are all offended as a collective group of idiots.

Comment

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                                I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

I don't think that Millennials as a group are self-entitled or lazy. I think they are just very impatient. Everyone today wants instant gratification. People think that things like love, money, and success come instantly, numbers are valued over people and interpersonal communication and relationships can be managed by technology. I think they are just impatient and have very poor coping skills because they grew up with technology as a crutch. Think about it..when they were kids and bouncing off the walls, their parents turned on the TV or handed out an electronic babysitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X