No announcement yet.

What RV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my new one. Has a sweet floor plan and I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pool is not a deal breaker for me at all. It isn't a huge one for my wife, but with two equal parks to pick from, she will take the one with the pool. I would say unless you are somewhere people go no matter what- riverside New Braunfels etc, not having a pool will hurt you.

We live in a gated neighborhood, so my opinion is likely different than most there too. Its a false sense of security that keeps out the honest folks. At some point every pizza guy nearby will have your code, every visitor unless you change it often. Your investment in a gate provides less of a security return over time. Could even hurt because some folks will leave stuff out thinking its safe in a gated park and be mad when it's stolen from the guy two spots down. I don't think its expected and wouldn't be a big selling point for most. Spend the money elsewhere IMHO.

Comment

Syl and I bought the Jayco last fall to work out of until the condo was rebuilt in Port A. Over the last year, we have spent 76 nights in it, set up in Port A RV Resort. Now that we are acclimated to the cozy confines of our doghouse on wheels, we have uprooted and are preparing for the next adventure. 4-5,000 miles up to Glacier National Park, a few weeks in Idaho for fishing, family, and friends, then south through Las Vegas, Phoenix, Tucson, and return I-10.

Here is our setup leaving Port A this morning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tundra and Jayco tbh.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	24550194

Hogboy

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
          When looking for an rv park to stay at, where do you look?

Also, what do you look for as your top "must haves" in an rv park?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
          Ive got my wife convinced not to stay in anymore rv parks if we can avoid it. Every place weve gone ive taken her and showed her areas we could camp in national parks that beat every campground weve been in.

Comment

Posted in the classifieds, but figure some are subscribed to this. RV spot at Jellystone in Waller this weekend and we can't go. Supposed to be awesome for the kiddos.

Comment

Headed out to Whitney state park this weekend-never been so we will see

Comment

Will be at Black Rock Park on Buchannan.

Comment

We added to our little RV coastal retreat. Friday the driveway was complete and just before lunch the cover was complete! Come Spring we will add to the cover and a deck...

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Added 200 watt solar today. This should keep up with my 12volt fridge. It pulls 9 amps at first and 3 amps at 12 volts to keep it cool once temp is reached.
                      I also bought a igen2500 westinghouse generator. This is an inverter generator like the Hondas.. Its quiet and more powerful. My paper work says I have 2 13.5kbtu ac units. I tried starting the main ac and it would start but only run for about 20 minutes. I crawled up on top got the model number and realised it was a 15kbtu. Bummer. After messing with it I remembered the outdoor 120volt fridge was on. After turning it off I'm able to run the generator 1 ac, lights, and 12 volt fridge on 100 degree day. I put an amp meter and I run 14-15 with that stuff. It's around 13.2ish with just the ac.
                      I bought a hard start capicitor but it's not in yet. I still cant the back smaller ac to start with generator. It has several fan settings to go through before it starts compressor. I think running the switch through these settings puts too much load on it before it starts.
                      I'm not going to mess with it during hunting season but will be ordering another igen2500 to run parallel to this one. Should have no issues. For the 20 days of boondocking in Colorado and utah elk hunting the next 2 months I think I'm set up.

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
                        Added 200 watt solar today. This should keep up with my 12volt fridge. It pulls 9 amps at first and 3 amps at 12 volts to keep it cool once temp is reached.
                        I also bought a igen2500 westinghouse generator. This is an inverter generator like the Hondas.. Its quiet and more powerful. My paper work says I have 2 13.5kbtu ac units. I tried starting the main ac and it would start but only run for about 20 minutes. I crawled up on top got the model number and realised it was a 15kbtu. Bummer. After messing with it I remembered the outdoor 120volt fridge was on. After turning it off I'm able to run the generator 1 ac, lights, and 12 volt fridge on 100 degree day. I put an amp meter and I run 14-15 with that stuff. It's around 13.2ish with just the ac.
                        I bought a hard start capicitor but it's not in yet. I still cant the back smaller ac to start with generator. It has several fan settings to go through before it starts compressor. I think running the switch through these settings puts too much load on it before it starts.
                        I'm not going to mess with it during hunting season but will be ordering another igen2500 to run parallel to this one. Should have no issues. For the 20 days of boondocking in Colorado and utah elk hunting the next 2 months I think I'm set up.

That’s awesome! The biggest thing you can do now to sustain your power needs over night is upgrade and increase your battery storage capacity. That is one of (if not the) the things most people forget about.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                          That’s awesome! The biggest thing you can do now to sustain your power needs over night is upgrade and increase your battery storage capacity. That is one of (if not the) the things most people forget about.

Yes sir that's the next step. The battery that came with the camper sucks. I would just buy another and go, but I've read the batteries need to be similar and close to the same age. The battery I have has no label on it. For now I'm good but once I'm back I'm going to buy 2 batteries. I'll remove the oem battery. I can buy another generator for cheaper than 2 batteries, they arent cheap lol.

Comment

Missing out on a weekend of bow hunting for a Halloween themed camping weekend with the family and some friends.
                            Located on beautiful Lake Texana, Brackenridge Recreation Complex offers year-round fun for the entire family!

Comment

Stayed at LCRA Black Rock Park. Full service / hookups. Had a very shady spot luckily - 15. Plenty of room and nowhere near cramped. A couple spots would be hard to setup on for larger rigs as they are sloping upward or downward. Not many appeared to be bad side to side though. Water was a little low, not much to do about that. They had a movie Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by fullsizeaggie View Post
                                Stayed at LCRA Black Rock Park. Full service / hookups. Had a very shady spot luckily - 15. Plenty of room and nowhere near cramped. A couple spots would be hard to setup on for larger rigs as they are sloping upward or downward. Not many appeared to be bad side to side though. Water was a little low, not much to do about that. They had a movie Saturday night.

Sounds like y’all had a great time and a nice park [emoji1303]

Comment

Working...
                                X