X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few picks of mine

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

Picked up this hurricane "survivor" this weekend for my hunting land. 40' bumper pull with 2 bedrooms, 2 baths and 3 slides, will be enough room for my entire family or when the guys want to get together. I certainly wouldn't want to be trekking all over with it but once I get things fixed up on it, it will be staying in place for a long time.

Comment

To the warranty question- just got ours back from its first and what will be only trip to the shop. Warranty is out in a couple weeks. All minor stuff, just irritations but mine is a simple trailer. Jack fell apart about 5 hours from the dealer so that was a DIY job. Still waiting on reimbursement. Propane regulator got a bad leak on the pre flight for the first major trip. Barely had time for Amazon Prime much less to get a dealer apt. Just learn to fix it yourself IMHO unfortunately. I think anything expensive will last more than the year. I'll buy another RV in a heartbeat but the after purchase service is the biggest joke I have ever seen. Called a dealer i didn't buy from.. oh we are at least 6 months out for non customers. BS big time. 99% I'll go used within two years old next time.

Comment

Has anyone done underbody storage? See some options I like, but they come with a $300-600 price tag. I would love to get the power cord and water hoses out of the front box. Might have to get some expanded metal and DIY it. Feeling the pain of choosing a small trailer with minimal storage. Front box, truck bed, or inside is it. Trying to empty the front box of stuff I take every time to carry chairs, cookware, etc.

Comment

Jayco comes with a 2yr full warranty. They did a recall LED light full replacement on mine, zero issues with service. And I had a small drip at a pec connection when my wife tried to put 200 towels under there. They fixed that, no issue as well as adjust doors to shut better. No issue thus far

There will always be stuff in a new one that will require being redone. They crank them out at a crazy speed and Obadiah & jabadiah are bond to miss something. The after the sale service is usually on dealers lack of quality service providers. It’s hard I’m sure to find good help as the good ones usually have their own service company

That said I’m extremely happy with my dealers handle of all my issues and will buy from them next time as well. My warranty will be up around September

Comment

Texas Bob, look on amazon for valterra sewer hose storage. I got the 8ft, holds 3 sections of sewer hose. Ran it near the back of coach from side to side. That took care of 1 tote.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                Bought mine new in 2013. They had to fix something before we left and after that it has never been in the shop. Got a few things that I need to fix this year but nothing major and other than the canopy should be fairly easy to fix.

Mine has never been back to any dealer.
                (Starcraft by Jayco)
                2012 bought in 2012 that now has 14,800 vacationing & to and from deer lease miles on it (truck tracks miles).
                When new one oddity was handled with direction over the phone.

The few things I’ve corrected have been at the house jobs.

But it only has 1 slide and 3 tanks. I’d wager the more dodads you buy, the more things to go wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                  Picked up this hurricane "survivor" this weekend for my hunting land. 40' bumper pull with 2 bedrooms, 2 baths and 3 slides, will be enough room for my entire family or when the guys want to get together. I certainly wouldn't want to be trekking all over with it but once I get things fixed up on it, it will be staying in place for a long time.

Dang a 40’ bumper pull, I don’t think they get much longer.
                  That one has a unique roofline, congrats on the find!

Comment

I guess someone has to be here. May as well be me
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      I guess someone has to be here. May as well be me

Nothing wrong with that! Enjoy yourself, though it looks as if you already are

Comment

Stayed at Mystic Quarry on Canyon Lake for 2 nights. Overall good place. Quiet and mostly shaded (Spot 24). A little tricky getting in for bigger rigs. Spots were caliche and pretty level. Full hookups with good power. Hookups were way up front so have long cables/water. Access roads were paved. Clean pool. They did have music Friday night. Price was $68 a night. A little high in my opinion for no cable and no concrete pads. Most spots had a picnic table and a BBQ though.

Comment

When looking for an rv park to stay at, where do you look?

Also, what do you look for as your top "must haves" in an rv park?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                            When looking for an rv park to stay at, where do you look?

Also, what do you look for as your top "must haves" in an rv park?

Where- generally H20 in some form nearby, in Texas anyway

Must haves- full hookups, I can deal with anything else depending on price, scenery and location.

Wants- level pad. Concrete helps with a young kiddo. Nice grass around pad with no ants. WiFi. Cable is nice but WiFi negates that for us most of the time. Picking tables are nice. I travel with my own cooking gear. Grills etc. most don’t.

Assuming this is research for a venture- there is one park in Galveston i won’t stay at again. Only place so far on that page of our notebook. Nice place, great facility all concrete super level. Nice pool and small lazy river. Great beach access across the street. No cell service which isn’t their fault. Wanted to charge for decent WiFi. Free stuff wouldnt load the google homepage. Then I went to buy some candy on a whim. Several dollars each- so kids can just charge it back to their spot. Money hungry sob. Never again. Know you won’t but don’t be that owner.

Comment

Definitely not my style either. I hate getting screwed on all the small stuff at places. We just tried to stay in new Orleans at a hotel. They advertised cheap rates, then hammered you on parking. We said screw it and cashed in some points and stayed at the ritz with free parking.

Would a gated park be a perk to you and most? What if it didn't have a pool, is that a big downer in tx?
                              Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                              Where- generally H20 in some form nearby, in Texas anyway

Must haves- full hookups, I can deal with anything else depending on price, scenery and location.

Wants- level pad. Concrete helps with a young kiddo. Nice grass around pad with no ants. WiFi. Cable is nice but WiFi negates that for us most of the time. Picking tables are nice. I travel with my own cooking gear. Grills etc. most don’t.

Assuming this is research for a venture- there is one park in Galveston i won’t stay at again. Only place so far on that page of our notebook. Nice place, great facility all concrete super level. Nice pool and small lazy river. Great beach access across the street. No cell service which isn’t their fault. Wanted to charge for decent WiFi. Free stuff wouldnt load the google homepage. Then I went to buy some candy on a whim. Several dollars each- so kids can just charge it back to their spot. Money hungry sob. Never again. Know you won’t but don’t be that owner.

Comment

50 amp service, water and sewer hookup. Mostly level pad, concrete is nicer. Enough room to maneuver around the place. Pool or water access. Otherwise, I have everything else.

2 of them that I have stayed in at the coast were packed in, the staff had to guide you in and they were good at it too.

For quick trips, I don't mind being packed in because most likely your at the beach, lake, town etc. Living full time, I could understand wanting some more room.

Comment

Working...
                                X