No announcement yet.

What RV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took a look at the lightweight travel trailers for my Sierra 1500 - So far the KZ Connect Light is what we like most. We want at least a a slide out that can sleep 4-6 comfortably.

Any other that yall know of that would be easy to haul around ?

Comment

tagged

Comment

Will be at Port A RV Thurs - Sun 20-23rd. Newer park on 361.

Comment

Originally posted by fullsizeaggie View Post
          Dadgum, we will be back at Magnolia Beach boondocking and truck the kayak towards AP to launch, the 26th-30th.

Enjoy bud!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Comment

About to head out to Guadalupe River State Park this afternoon. It will be our maiden voyage for our new to us camper. Mostly will be used at lease, but will serve well for some trips. I have to work so won't be much fun, but the kids and wife will enjoy.

Comment

Look forward to your review in this one. We have a trip planned to stay there in mid August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Will do. We have a pull through spot. Thus far, the electric appears to be down the middle. The spots look opposing if that's the right word. You have more of an open area shared by 2 trailers if you park with driver to that side. The pull throughs appear to have room for tow rig and guest to park as well. They don't take discounts yet. The guy held me on a waiting list and called me back when I came up.

Only thing I don't like about Pioneer is the wind and sand, still clobbers you. This place shouldn't be near as bad.

Comment

Will do. We have a pull through spot. Thus far, the electric appears to be down the middle. The spots look opposing if that's the right word. You have more of an open area shared by 2 trailers if you park with driver to that side. The pull throughs appear to have room for tow rig and guest to park as well. They don't take discounts yet. The guy held me on a waiting list and called me back when I came up.

Only thing I don't like about Pioneer is the wind and sand, still clobbers you. This place shouldn't be near as bad.

It's a nice place. Haven't stayed there as we always stay at Pioneer (easier with golf cart). We drove thru it and it's pretty much how you described. Off the beaten path if you will.

Another place that's nice and walking distance to the beach is Surfside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Enjoyed Port A Rv. It is a little tight around corners. Otherwise everything worked fine. All your hookups are right in the middle of the space (pull throughs). Couldn't ask for a better arrangement. Back ins appear to have the stuff closer to the rear. Pool is nice. They have a little entertainment room with full kitchen also. Wind is not as brutal as others. Actually kept the awning out for a while. If you park with your driver slides to the other spot, you will face your grassy area. Kinda nice not walking out into someone elses slides. As with most parks, you are packed in. Don't have any discounts yet, wish they did. No reason to not go back.

Comment

What RV?

Enjoyed Port A Rv. It is a little tight around corners. Otherwise everything worked fine. All your hookups are right in the middle of the space (pull throughs). Couldn't ask for a better arrangement. Back ins appear to have the stuff closer to the rear. Pool is nice. They have a little entertainment room with full kitchen also. Wind is not as brutal as others. Actually kept the awning out for a while. If you park with your driver slides to the other spot, you will face your grassy area. Kinda nice not walking out into someone elses slides. As with most parks, you are packed in. Don't have any discounts yet, wish they did. No reason to not go back.

Good to hear. I knew the turns looked tight from the satellite view. Our 5th wheel is 34' so I'm right at 50' total length. Think we will have any issues?

Also do they allow you to head end into the pull through spots however you like? Usually those lanes are one way so all trailers face the same direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Last edited by Mike D; 07-24-2017, 07:44 AM.

Comment

My TT is 37' plus long wheel base truck. Not super narrow but you need to pay attention to vehicles sticking out. They have nice red lines around the corner, I followed them nicely! I pulled into the pull through backwards shall we say. I would just back the truck into the "end". I had the end of the trailer almost with the front of the site.

Comment

We just got back from Jamaica Beach RV Park in Galveston. We this was our second trip in our new Keystone Passport 3350BH. We went to Kerville Jellystone a few weeks back. I made some adjustments to my weight distribution hitch this time and it made a huge difference. Park was nice and clean. Lazy river was great till saturday when everyone wanted to stand in the river and watch people float by.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Haven't been back to Jamaica beach since river was complete. One of our favorites before. Will try and get back there next summer. I'm about booked up on trips this season

Comment

Looking hard at a Forest River work and play 25wab. Not the fanciest but seems built like a tank and met what my wife and I both wanted. Few upgrades that will make life nice. If the credit union works out, what should my first amazon order for a weekend trip include? What are those jack pads Brazos hunter?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

About finished framing my awning. So dang busy this 2 day job is now a 2 week job. I'll post some pics later today. Should finish welding all the perling up in about 3 hrs of welding

Comment

Working...
                                X