No announcement yet.

Frustration is setting in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I deal with this every year. Last buck I killed was 2011, 2008 before that and it isn't for lack of trying.

Comment

I haven't killed a deer if 15 years. I won't kill one unless it's a big mature deer. It don't bother me one bit to let one walk. If someone else kills it then good for them, a trophy is up to the shooter. I just don't take this deer hunting too serious now. I just relax and let destiny and patience take place and enjoy my time spent hunting!

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
        I can't afford the proper therapy

Lol you and me both brother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just like it says I'm at that point where it's getting to be extremely frustrating. I've been passing some bucks for years and they have all finally reached 5.5-7.5 everyone I've passed in daylight at some point. I've had neighbors move in last year and this year have had multiple encounters with my shooters, and I'm left looking at 2.5-3.5 yo. I have zero issue with my neighbor having encounters with them I'd be happy for them. Im just getting frustrated with passing them to 5.5 to only have them disappear the grind is starting to wear on me. Small vent session
          Welcome to my world..
          The struggle is real.

Comment

On the bright side. Your not 3k/yr invested (lease fees) plus all that time and effort. Just like we told Ty. Push through and trust the process. Im too far in the hole money wise to quit hunting this season or I would bc it's been a tough yr so far.

Comment

Originally posted by JHarrell89 View Post
              Working on this myself...life is too short to get frustrated with hunting!
              And absolutly..
              This is fact.

Comment

Could it be --- humor me a minute - before your neighbors moved in, you were very responsible and good about not disturbing the deer as you hunted. the deer never felt the pressure, in fact, they felt safe in your area. Then the neighbors move in and start hunting, but they are not as careful as you. Deer felt pressured and the mature bucks moved into hiding or moved out.

Oh, and, I think any post about not seeing deer in October is just pathetic. With adequate soil moistures throughout the state, the oaks and persimmons are dropping bumper crops of food right now and the deer could bed under an oak tree next to water and not have to move 100 feet to get everything they need. After the next rain event and as the rut gets started, I'm sure we will all start seeing mature bucks and the biggest one of the year hasn't even been seen yet.

Comment

What you crying about? Just go to your Mexico lease.... problem solved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                    Could it be --- humor me a minute - before your neighbors moved in, you were very responsible and good about not disturbing the deer as you hunted. the deer never felt the pressure, in fact, they felt safe in your area. Then the neighbors move in and start hunting, but they are not as careful as you. Deer felt pressured and the mature bucks moved into hiding or moved out.

Oh, and, I think any post about not seeing deer in October is just pathetic. With adequate soil moistures throughout the state, the oaks and persimmons are dropping bumper crops of food right now and the deer could bed under an oak tree next to water and not have to move 100 feet to get everything they need. After the next rain event and as the rut gets started, I'm sure we will all start seeing mature bucks and the biggest one of the year hasn't even been seen yet.
                    This is very likely scenario that I've thought about I guess we'll never know I have does by the covey so I'll stay at it. Just the countless hours and mental battle has me at a frustrated moment may kill one tomorrow, and the world be right, but at this moment I'm getting mentally fatigued from scent prep to trying to do everything right entering exiting etc etc...

Comment

This is very likely scenario that I've thought about I guess we'll never know I have does by the covey so I'll stay at it. Just the countless hours and mental battle has me at a frustrated moment may kill one tomorrow, and the world be right, but at this moment I'm getting mentally fatigued from scent prep to trying to do everything right entering exiting etc etc...
                      Try not being so serious and just have fun.

Comment

Just like it says I'm at that point where it's getting to be extremely frustrating. I've been passing some bucks for years and they have all finally reached 5.5-7.5 everyone I've passed in daylight at some point. I've had neighbors move in last year and this year have had multiple encounters with my shooters, and I'm left looking at 2.5-3.5 yo. I have zero issue with my neighbor having encounters with them I'd be happy for them. Im just getting frustrated with passing them to 5.5 to only have them disappear the grind is starting to wear on me. Small vent session
                        The rifle season is far too long in this state. It's the reason the wealthy errect high fences. 3 months of rifle season and a 3 yr old doesn't stand a chance

Comment

There is a huge difference in the vulnerability of a 4.5 year old buck from a 5.5 year old buck and it just gets harder each year from there.

I pass any buck under 5.5 these days. However, my trailcams reveal daylight movement of 5.5 year old bucks is nearly non existent. With any detection of human presence, they either clear out of the area or they go exclusively nocturnal. Even during the rut.

My point is don't rule out those older bucks still being around. Unless you're using plenty of cameras in inconspicuous places you might never know they're even there.

Comment

Large piles of rice bran in a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                              Large piles of rice bran in a pen.
                              Already on that my herd doesn't touch RB I've had a pile in it for over a month untouched

Comment

Add some sweet feed to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X