X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sss

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
      Just like it says I'm at that point where it's getting to be extremely frustrating. I've been passing some bucks for years and they have all finally reached 5.5-7.5 everyone I've passed in daylight at some point. I've had neighbors move in last year and this year have had multiple encounters with my shooters, and I'm left looking at 2.5-3.5 yo. I have zero issue with my neighbor having encounters with them I'd be happy for them. Im just getting frustrated with passing them to 5.5 to only have them disappear the grind is starting to wear on me. Small vent session
      Cry me a river.[emoji24] I've only seen deer on 2 sits. Years past I saw deer every sit.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

The time and effort and the grind just taking its toll to have these bucks just not cooperating. It's part of hunting I know that I'm just feeling the grind and I wanted to vent. Nothing more nothing less
        I understand........

Comment

Originally posted by jtslush View Post
          Cry me a river.[emoji24] I've only seen deer on 2 sits. Years past I saw deer every sit.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
          Alrighty then

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
            High fence, less frustration.

Comment

How many acres you got?

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                How many acres you got?
                200 mostly improved Pasture though with about 40 acres of wood lot with a 100 acre dense wood lot to the east that is unhunted

Comment

Working on this myself...life is too short to get frustrated with hunting!

Comment

That sucks. Hope it gets better and they come back to your area..

Comment

200 mostly improved Pasture though with about 40 acres of wood lot with a 100 acre dense wood lot to the east that is unhunted
                      Yeah, your neighbors are gonna love you. It sucks but those deer are not staying on 200 acres. I think that's too small too effectively manage by yourself. I would be taking deer, your neighbors are.

Comment

I feel your pain. I'm in my first season on a new one person lease that's 120 acres. It's about 80% pasture. I didn't think I would see a whole lot but needed a place to park the camper and pretend like I was hunting. First set of pics out of the gate I got one heckuva big 8 that I'm hoping and praying he stays put on the 120 acres until I get a shot at him. He's an older deer, so I'm hoping he's gotten to be that old by being smart. Oddly enough, I get the most pics of him at a feeder 100 yards from camp in an overgrown 20 acre wooded area surrounded by open fields.

I honestly don't see him staying close once the rut starts, but you just never know. Just looking back through the pics brings a tear to my eye knowing someone could tag a stud of a deer after I fed him all summer and early season.

Just remember that for all the deer you have on cams all off season and wander off to get shot by neighbors, you also stand a chance of something you've never seen before wandering over to your place to find some sanctuary from the gun hunters. Do your best to keep the pressure on your small place low, and the deer will hopefully utilize it.

Comment

Take some kids hunting and let them kill those bucks your passing. Start elk hunting!

Comment

I have been passing bucks on my lease since 1989 and I have never seen a buck I thought ws over 4. So now, I shoot what ever I see that puts a smile on my face

PS, start shooting a trad bow, an add much more excitement to the hunt

Comment

You vent a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                                You vent a lot
                                I can't afford the proper therapy

Comment

Working...
                                X