X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Oh, and then there's that LSU thing...

As I said last year, firing a coach with a .770 winning percentage has the feel of being one of those "be-careful-what-you-wish-for" type things. My Ags experienced it after firing Slocum (and hiring the "hot" name at the time - Fran - away from Bama (you're welcome!)) It happened to UT when they fired Phil Fulmer (they're still trying to come out of it.) Hey Georgia fans, remember Mark Richt? How is he doing down in Miami? Michigan after Carr. Nebraska after Solich.

LSU is a marquee program, but there's no doubt that programs as big or bigger than LSU have sufferered long, unintended consequences after firing solid, consistent head coaches. Here's hoping Tiger fans soon long for the glory days of Les Miles!
    It can be a long walk in the wilderness

Comment

Texas 34, Pokes 20

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
        What's the story on Shane's ribs? Is there some fire with the smoke or is it one of those posturing things to keep OSU guessing?

Heath may know something, I haven't a clue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have no idea what's going to happen in Stillwater, so I'll just crack one open and cheer for the Horns.

Comment

My Hogs blew it on Saturday. Just too many mistakes and blown opportunities. Fumbling in the endzone, that bonehead targeting when Ags were pinned deep, not scoring on the goal line.... All blown opportunities that let the game slip. Disappointing, but the Ags are good and really came to play in the second half.

Austin Allen is a good QB. I'm glad he has this week to rest a little because I'm sure he's sore. Our receivers were open most of the night and he was delivering balls under pressure. Offensive line play has to get better if they're going to do much in conference. They've looked bad all year.

Comment

Les had to go. His winning percentage has nothing to do with it. He has gone stale at LSU. They can't seem to beat bama.... Time for a change

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                Texas 34, Pokes 20
                At halftime? Texas hasn't really shown that they can hold anyone to fewer than 40 points. That being said, I will go with the 'Horns 45 to 40.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                  What's the story on Shane's ribs? Is there some fire with the smoke or is it one of those posturing things to keep OSU guessing?

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                    Heath may know something, I haven't a clue.

I haven't heard anything specific but he took X-Rays and "something" was off for him during the game. I don't know the specifics of the injury but something is there. It could just be a bruise and it's had time to heel. With my buddies we don't ask those type questions when it comes to inside info. Somethings are best left not discussed like injures.

Comment

Hook'em Horns!

Comment

Miles on Dan Patrick show this morning.

Comment

We are well on our way to a lower tier bowl. I think we are good for 6 wins. The last two games we have came back in the 4th quarter. I think that builds character. We play USC this weekend. They have far better athletes but they have a lot of issues. I sure hope they don't get it together this weekend.

Stanford did not look great v. UCLA but they got it done. Louisville continues to impress me and I am looking forward to the Clemson game. TAMU had a big win and should do great v. USCe. Looking forward to Michigan v Wisconsin and I think Colorado Buffs continue to play good. The Oregon win was good for their program.

Gonna be a great week for football boys. Ill be at the ranch and we got satellite for the games. I look forward to more spirited discussions regarding CFB.

Comment

Saw Perkins will be suspended for one game

Comment

Hoping TCU can get some guys back this week and finally play a complete game. OU is coming off of a bye week but GP always plays Stoops tight.

I think they finally put it all together(cautiously optimistic))

TCU 31
                              OU 27

Comment

Working...
                              X