No announcement yet.

Not a dove guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is time for both if you have the place to go. Be versatile and enjoy the total picture.

Comment

Find someone to take you on a woodcock hunt with a bird dog in ETX. You'll learn to like it more, I promise.

Comment

[QUOTE=JTeLarkin08;11636253]I like to say people who cant deer hunt bird hunt.

Most bird hunts take zero skill, it doesnt matter how may times you miss, you dont have to play the wind, or be quiet and you can drink while doing it. Tough sport lol

That said it is really fun[/QUOTE

I hope your joking because that was just stupid

Comment

Looking forward to the weekend!!! Never been on a great dove hunt and still have a blast!!! I suck at being still and quiet so bird hunting is great!!! Plus taking my 2 legged retriever this year!!![emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm in agreement with Dakota. Socializing is important to me. Everything else is the cherry on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Yup yup. Not much better than a hot dove field with your friends and family, cold buur and BBQ. The camaraderie combined with mucho shooting/ action makes the hunt for me.

Dayyyummm....that's kinda painting with a broadbrush isnt it? Weren't you on here the other day making fun of a guy calling you arrogant? ....LMAO..

Lol. Can you deny any of my points?? I'm not saying I'm a good deer hunter because I don't dove hunt. And I can't shoot a shotgun for crap, so not sure how I'm being arrogant. Im not saying it isn't fun just saying there isn't much to it. Tell me of all the hours you spend patterning the birds, shooting your shotgun or going out and setting up your dove blind. The biggest decision a dove hunter makes is if he is gonna go with his yeti or Rtic for the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                I like to say people who cant deer hunt bird hunt.

Most bird hunts take zero skill, it doesnt matter how may times you miss, you dont have to play the wind, or be quiet and you can drink while doing it. Tough sport lol

That said it is really fun
                "Hunting" doves takes zero skill, that much is true. Killing a one box limit? That is a different story. Another good thing about dove hunting is that it brings people into the field that otherwise have little interest in hunting. Being a deer hunter takes a commitment many are not willing to make. I know quite a few guys who's entire hunting season consists of 2-3 afternoons in the dove field. It is also, IMO the best way to introduce a newbie to hunting. There is lots of action and the social aspect makes it a great first outdoor experience.

Comment

Dove hunting is something I do while I wait on deer season.

Comment

It's not about the killn...it's about the chilln...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                      "Hunting" doves takes zero skill, that much is true. Killing a one box limit? That is a different story. Another good thing about dove hunting is that it brings people into the field that otherwise have little interest in hunting. Being a deer hunter takes a commitment many are not willing to make. I know quite a few guys who's entire hunting season consists of 2-3 afternoons in the dove field. It is also, IMO the best way to introduce a newbie to hunting. There is lots of action and the social aspect makes it a great first outdoor experience.

I'm not denying any of this. And as soon as my kiddos are big enough to go I will probably take them. I'm just agreeing with the op that dove hunting just doesn't do it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                        It's not about the killn...it's about the chilln...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
                        This 100%

If you don't like dove hunting you must be pretty unsocial

Comment

Originally posted by dale moser View Post
                          then you've probly never been on a bad *** dove hunt.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
                          this^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Not me, I love a good dove hunt with friends or family. Followed up by some BBQ around a campfire.

Comment

I can't imagine someone not enjoying a nice dove hunt with friends and family, I don't recall missing an opening day in over 30 years.

Comment

I hate duck hunting. Its too much work for a nasty tasting bird IMO. Wearing all that heavy clothing, wading through mud, settin up decoys, blah blah blah. Not for me. I'd rather hunt in shorts, boots, cut off shirt and with a brew in one hand and gun in the other. We have a blast. Killin dove is just a bonus.

Comment

Working...
                                X