No announcement yet.

Not a dove guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The social aspect of opening weekend is what I enjoy the most. I love to bird hunt however after the first hunt or so, I'm just there to have a good time with some friends.

Comment

Dove hunting was the first hunting I got to do. There were no deer in our country. More action, less prep work, social aspect, lots of things to like about it.

Comment

I'd rather go on a fishing charter with friends than a dove hunt

Comment

Dove hunting isn't just about the shooting of the birds. It's about the next six months of hunting that we waited the past six months to get here while reading all of the silly off season threads on here

Comment

I actually enjoy it and usually make it out 4 or 5 times in September. It is kind of the pregame for October for me and marks the start of the new season.

Comment

I love dove opener just because I know no matter what is going on that is a day that my dad and I will have in the field together. Made it a point for the last 6 years and not planning on stopping it any time soon.
              Last edited by hooligan; 08-30-2016, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Then you've probly never been on a bad *** dove hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll hunt 2-3 times at most. It's fun a couple days.

Go to a couple dove cooks to eat some bacon and jalapeños. Dove tastes like chit I don't care what you spice it up with or wrap around it. Waste of good bacon if you ask me.

Comment

I get more excited about sitting in a field with a shotgun and drinking a couple of beers than actually shooting birds. Just another reason to BS with friends and put the worries away for a few hours.

Comment

Hard to beat starting a new hunting season with good friends, better beer, and shooting birds.

Comment

It's what starts the season, in my mind. Gets me out of town until deer season opens.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                          Killing birds with some friends and a few brewskee's too is dang near impossible to beat
                          Yep.
                          With a little smack talking mixed in.

Comment

Let not kid each other.......it's WAR!!!!!! Those little suckers gotta pay for crapping on my truck the last 8 months. Beer, buds and a good dog is just a bonus

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              Then you've probly never been on a bad *** dove hunt.

It's been 15 years and the last place we went was Comanche and limited every hunt isn't that the name of the game??

Comment

Wasn't this the guy that tried to talk some sort off week smack at me the other day? Now you post this? This post is exactly what you called me out on, going against the masses. Yes I do it just to mess with people......you did it because........well, you are goofy.

Oh man.

Comment

Working...
                                X