No announcement yet.

Not a dove guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dove hunting kicks hunting season off! Nothing better than sharing a hot dove field with friends and family!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Wasn't this the guy that tried to talk some sort off week smack at me the other day? Now you post this? This post is exactly what you called me out on, going against the masses. Yes I do it just to mess with people......you did it because........well, you are goofy.

Oh man.
      Your the skip Bayless of this site good on you me and you are apple and oranges. I'll let you be the orange since that's your fav flavor

Comment

I'm not sure what I just read but yes, we are apples and oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
          I get more excited about sitting in a field with a shotgun and drinking a couple of beers than actually shooting birds. Just another reason to BS with friends and put the worries away for a few hours.
          That's my thought. Doesn't mean I won't throw lead at as many as I can though!

Comment

I would rather wing shoot than anything...I'll gladly go dove hunting in the late season if they are flying vs going after the deer these days.

Comment

I think I enjoy it because it is my ANTI-BOWHUNTING time. I take bowhunting very serious. I'm always wayching my scent, wind, being very quiet & sneaking in. Dove hunting is just the opposite for me and lets me burn off a bunch of my energy going into whitetail season. I don't care how many dove I get. I don't care about being camo'ed in or watch my scent. I just want to throw a lot of lead in the air, be loud, and carefree

Comment

Not a dove guy

Besides, shotguns are way cooler than bows! There, I said it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like to say people who cant deer hunt bird hunt.

Most bird hunts take zero skill, it doesnt matter how may times you miss, you dont have to play the wind, or be quiet and you can drink while doing it. Tough sport lol

That said it is really fun

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post

Most bird hunts take zero skill, it doesnt matter how may times you miss, you dont have to play the wind, or be quiet and you can drink while doing it. Tough sport lol
                    I have seen many a person burn up a couple boxes of shells and not even knock a feather off a dove.
                    It does take some skill.

Comment

So how many shells does it take to get your limit?? Wager??

Comment

I'm with the "I love a great dove hunt" because.... as I get older its more social it is, my dog, I get to drink a cool pop or two, my dog, get to sit and talk with my kids and my dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          Then you've probly never been on a bad *** dove hunt.

That is my problem right there. I have spent too many days trying to hunt public land around H-town, San Antonio, etc and the hunting just stinks. I know they say "that is it hunting, not killing"... but for me, that doesn't count for doves. You gotta have birds flying. If they aren't flying anywhere near where you are, then it just outright stinks.

Of the 15 minutes of total dove flying action I have encountered over the past 4 years of trying, multiple trips into the field, it was definitely a blast... but 15 minutes of fun was just not enough and I finally have just given up on it.

For me at least, dove hunting is about shooting birds and cooking up dove poppers... It is not about the "chase." I need 7x15= 105 birds to fly by me so I can limit out

Although my best dove hunts where when a buddy of mine and I would get up at 4am and drive out to the dove fields. We didn't shoot any... but at least we had a chance to hang out.

Comment

Lol I really like trap shooting though

Comment

Yup yup. Not much better than a hot dove field with your friends and family, cold buur and BBQ. The camaraderie combined with mucho shooting/ action makes the hunt for me.

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post

That said it is really fun
                              Dayyyummm....that's kinda painting with a broadbrush isnt it? Weren't you on here the other day making fun of a guy calling you arrogant? ....LMAO..

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                                I have seen many a person burn up a couple boxes of shells and not even knock a feather off a dove.
                                It does take some skill.
                                Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                                I'm with the "I love a great dove hunt" because.... as I get older its more social it is, my dog, I get to drink a cool pop or two, my dog, get to sit and talk with my kids and my dog.

Comment

Working...
                                X