No announcement yet.

OPTICS...Whats yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have always had junk binoculars in the past. Bought a pair of Vortex Diamondbacks last year and couldn't imagine going back to the junk now.
    I know these aren't on the same level as some of yours but to me they are high class

Comment

Loved my 10/42 swaros, but really wanted ones with rangefinder. Been very impressed with the Leica hd-b's as they put the button on the right side, and they can range under 34 yards unlike the swaro rangefinder binos. Between these two I could pick apart stuff pretty well in the mountains last trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Martin View Post

Loved my 10/42 swaros, but really wanted ones with rangefinder. Been very impressed with the Leica hd-b's as they put the button on the right side, and they can range under 34 yards unlike the swaro rangefinder binos. Between these two I could pick apart stuff pretty well in the mountains last trip.

What tripod are you using for your HD-B's?

Comment

Vortex Diamondback's here as well...all I need for my current hunting needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Walding1989 View Post

I'm using the slik 624cf with pro master 6160 head. Used the Leica rubber band bino holder. Ended up breaking that bino holder thing twice, was not happy with it in the end. Love the tripod though. Back to the drawing board on how to mount them on the tripod efficiently now.

Comment

If you hunt and travel to these kinds of places....You can justify spending the money on a high end set of optics. Hunting from my tree stand surrounded by woods... not so much

Comment

Originally posted by skudbucket View Post
                If you hunt and travel to these kinds of places....You can justify spending the money on a high end set of optics. Hunting from my tree stand surrounded by woods... not so much
                I absolutely agree. Until I get the opportunity to make some of those kinds of hunts, my Leupold BX-2s suit me pretty good for stand/blind hunting in south Texas. I'm really hoping I need a reason to drop some coin on a high end pair someday!

Comment

No pics, but I bought a Leica Trinovid's last year and wonder how I survived without them all these years.

Comment

Swarovski 10x42

Final Pursuit TV

Comment

Vortex Binos, Vortex Spotting Scope, Vortex rifle scope, NIKON range finder!

Comment

???

Comment

???
                          Quoted the wrong pic. I think my phone is too small. Replying to those awesome pics in the mountains

Comment

Quoted the wrong pic. I think my phone is too small. Replying to those awesome pics in the mountains
                            Gotcha.

Comment

Binos - Vortex Diamondback 10x42

Scopes:
                              Vortex Razor 5-20 on 6.5 Creed
                              Vortex Viper 4-16 on AR10 308
                              Vortex Diamondback 3-12 on 25-45 Sharps
                              Vortex Strikefire on AR15 223 Wylde

Ok, maybe I am a little brand based but I am military and Vortex gives great support to Military and has the best customer service in the biz.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                                Tell more.

I keep hearing great things on them
                                I run the 11x42 B2, exceptional glass for the price point. The EL's are a touch better, not so much via resolution and light, they run neck and neck. Edge to edge the EL's are a touch better. My wife haves my Vortex Razors now and she knows nothing about optics and could care less but she will reach for my Maven's when I'm not paying attention. She also prefers the Maven's.

As soon as Maven releases a 65mm spotter I will be selling my Razors and going with maven.

Comment

Working...
                                X