No announcement yet.

OPTICS...Whats yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used the Nikon Monarch 8x42s for years. Great optic at a great price.

Then, I found myself wanting a pair of "ranging binos". I got tired of carrying a rangefinder and a pair of binos. To save money, I spent $899 on the new Bushnell set. They were JUNK!!! In fact, I put them back in the box and used my Nikons while on Colorado.

I'm now on my 2nd pair of Leica Geovids after upgrading to the newest version. Love them and worth every penny.

Comment

Binos
      Redfield 10x42 Rebel
      Minox BV 8x25

Rangefinder
      Redfield 600a

If I need higher end optics for hunting places where I might have a shot over 200 yards, I will rent them.

Comment

Swaro 10x42 el range and Ziess 10x40's

Comment

Originally posted by FCTrapper View Post
          NOTE: The zeiss classics on the far right were given to me in 1991 this year will be the first year I won't use them. I have decided to shelf (retire) them.
          If you ever decide to get rid of those Zeiss let me know. For their age the quality of glass in those are hard to beat

Comment

Bushnell and Vortex for me

Comment

OPTICS...Whats yours?

Binos - Swarovski EL Range 8x42 for rifle, EL 8x32 for Bowhunting. Nothing else compares.

Riflescopes: Swarovski, lots of Leupold and one Zeiss HD5

Rangefinder: SIG Kilo 2000.

Spotting scopes: Vortex Viper HD 15-45x60 for digiscoping, Vortex Razor HD 11-33x50 for the blind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Leica 8x50 Trinovid - IMO the perfect stand hunting bowhunters binocular. Huge exit
                pupil - superb light gathering. 99% of people who look through them say the same thing "Wow" I say stand hunter's bino because they are heavy - I'm not sure I would want to hike up and down mountains all day with them even in a harness

Last edited by jerp; 08-28-2016, 04:21 PM.

Comment

OPTICS...Whats yours?

Luppy Mk4 Luppy binos and Luppy rangefinder

Comment

It's the one thing lacking in my quiver and to be honest I just don't spend that much time behind the glass to warrant the purchase. I don't yet hunt out west or guide, mostly stand hunting with my bow blinds being very limited visually. I have a 10-22 zoom Nikon and aN 8x42 Nikon along with a Leica 1600 range finder.

Two Huskemaw's, a 1-4 millet and a vx-6 Luepold round it out for the rifles.

A quality 8 or 10 X 42 for all around use has been on my mind. I guess just like the way I bought my safe, the next time I look to buy another gun, buy new glass.

Comment

. Just picked these up a couple weeks ago and love them so far.
                      Leica geovid HD-B

Comment

Nikon everything. Scopes, binoculars, cameras, and rangefinders.

Comment

Finally splurged on a pair of Swarovski EL 10X42's this year. It was tough to spend that much coin, but well worth the investment when I look through the glass.

Comment

Swaro 10x42 EL. Got a pretty good deal on them a couple years ago. Glad I bought them!!

Comment

Vortex binoculars and nikon rangefinder.

Comment

I guess I'm just old school. Been using the same bushnells for 30 years

Comment

Working...
                                X