OFFICIAL 2016/17 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    He's trading back and forth between us and the fella you know to our east.

Got more pics of the big 10 this past week. 130 to 630 am. He don't like the daylight.

He is on night shift at your place and comes to my place to hang with the ladies during the day

Comment

I went this morning and sat in a tripod overlooking a feeder that has had some good does coming in regularly... Big ol' sow came in just as it was breaking daylight, but too dark to see. She got around to my side far enough she got wind of me (Ozonics didn't do me any good on that hog and especially from an open tripod... I did have it runnin) and she busted out of there giving that warning growl to alert every animal within a mile... didn't see anything else. That nice 9 didn't show this morning either. I had a buddy sitting in my pop-up where he'd been showing up pretty regular...

Headed back home about 11 AM... got Grand Pa duties the rest of the day... we hairlipped a few more of our catfish in the tank... now they're plum tuckered out and I'm catchin' up on the goin's on here.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        He is on night shift at your place and comes to my place to hang with the ladies during the day
        If that's the case and yall are in camp conex, send directions. One of us needs to arrow him before the halls see him.

Comment

Blanked again today. Last year's honey hole turned into this year's dry hole. Walked some new territory and found some cool rocks & fossils for my 4 yo. Pulled into the campground here and three doe walked across the road in front of me.

Will hunt till 9/10 tomorrow to wrap up my hunting season, and head back north for home duties. But it ain't over till it's over

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
            Blanked again today. Last year's honey hole turned into this year's dry hole. Walked some new territory and found some cool rocks & fossils for my 4 yo. Pulled into the campground here and three doe walked across the road in front of me.

Will hunt till 9/10 tomorrow to wrap up my hunting season, and head back north for home duties. But it ain't over till it's over
            Good luck in the morning! I hope the Lord will send a good fat deer your way!

Comment

Good morning and good luck. Maybe today will be the day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

OFFICIAL 2016/17 East Texas Hunting Thread

Starting to think the "No deer in East Texas" might not be such a joke after all. Only Vampires in East Texas. Haven't pressured these deer in weeks and I'm still getting blanked everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by coffmanbr1 View Post
                  Starting to think the "No deer in East Texas" might not be such a joke after all. Only Vampires in East Texas. Haven't pressured these deer in weeks and I'm still getting blanked everyday.

Slowest bow season I've had in ages. Saw more deer in first 2 weekends (3 hunts) than I've seen the last 2 (7hunts).

As of this morning I've hunted everything. Oak flats,creek bottoms, feeders and food plots. Seriously thinking about breaking out the boom stick next weekend. I've killed one deer in the last 5 or 6 years with a rifle. But at least in our rifle blinds I have reclining chairs and better cell service

Comment

Well that's a wrap for me. Was a beautiful morning to experience God's handiwork. The deer won this year but I'll be back.
                    Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Good luck in the morning! I hope the Lord will send a good fat deer your way!
                    Thanks Charlie! I don't think the deer got the memo lol but that's the way it goes

Good hunting to everyone still after 'em today through this heat wave! I'm done with hunting in athletic shorts!
                    Last edited by woodsman; 10-30-2016, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Yep, can't wait to hear the story of Brad's (Ambush) DCNF hunt! Man what a buck. Y'all hold tight because y'all will really enjoy this buck and the story that goes along with it. He might start a separate thread on it.

Very slow around our parts. Acorns are aplenty!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by coffmanbr1 View Post

Before this morning, I would have agreed. But I did see a potential shooter... With that said, he stayed about 60 yards out and I only got a glance at him through some small trees for about 10 seconds.

The deer now only come in a handful of times a week and mostly at night now. It was in day light hours. We need some cooler weather.

Comment

So far nothing in seven oaks. I had a young doe and fawn about 60 yards but even if they were closer I would not have shoot them too young. I guess I should have shoot that hog yesterday so I'd have something to bring home to mama.

Comment

Colton got an invite to hunt on GarGuy's place for a quick afternoon hunt today. Kind of a bittersweet day since this hunt will officially be Colton's last youth weekend hunt. He ain't my little boy anymore. I appreciate Steve and his dad having us out. I don't care if we even see a deer. I just wanted to spend an evening in the woods with Colton and I couldn't think of a better place to do so.

Steve grabbed a quick picture of our 3 bow kills this season. Colton and Mr. David killed their bucks on the same evening 1 minute apart. Good times in the Pines in Deep East Texas.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a great picture Johnny. 3 great hunters. And proof y'all are!

Hope y'all have a good hunt this evening.

Comment

Excellent pic, Johnny

Comment

Working...
                                X