OFFICIAL 2016/17 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too windy for me. I slept in.

Maybe I'll have the motivation to get out this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well the deer are on my hand corn already. Granted they were all at night, and all the same deer that have been coming to my feeder, but it's an encouraging first step.

Comment

Wow Tony! Congrats on a giant!

Comment

Well it only took 2.5 months of hard hunting but I finally got a deer down, a nice fat doe. Thank you Lord for the blessing of meat in the freezer. I was getting tired of buying beef.

Comment

Hell of a buck Tshelly, congrats!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              Wow Tony! Congrats on a giant!
              Originally posted by Johnny View Post
              Hell of a buck Tshelly, congrats!!

What they said!!! Congratulations sir on a genuine East Texas bruiser!

We had pre-Christmas Christmas party stuff this weekend, so I didn't get to go... well that's the excuse I'm using anyhow... In reality, I just ain't mad enough at 'em to brave that dang bone-chillin' wind since all I can shoot is a dang spike or a hog...

From the posts, seems like the animals were moving pretty well though. Might give it a go later in the week... maybe a Christmas roasting pig...

Comment

Originally posted by BowHuntOrDie View Post
                Congrats man good job

That's a monster! Congrats

Comment

Thanks guys!! He score 143 as a mainframe 7, the other 3 tines brought him to 153 2/8" I'll get a story written up after my Christmas shopping this week gets finished. Got to skip out and see what Houston county is looking like. Still got some tags left

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                    Thanks guys!! He score 143 as a mainframe 7, the other 3 tines brought him to 153 2/8" I'll get a story written up after my Christmas shopping this week gets finished. Got to skip out and see what Houston county is looking like. Still got some tags left

Awesome.
                    You killed a great buck, loaded with character. Deer like that one sure don't grow on trees.
                    Congrats again.

Comment

Way to hit a home run Tony. Unique deer for sure.

Comment

I got it done in Houston county this evening. I've worked hard to kill a buck this year. Been insanely slow. 8 point a hair over 16" inside. Open sight 30/30 at 60 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                          [ATTACH]831160[/ATTACH]

Got him!! 6" bases and 24" beams. Roughed in the 50's, I'll get big e to score him tmo for tbga. Beyond speechless and

Congrats good looking mature e.tx deer..way to grow em buddy..

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                            I got it done in Houston county this evening. I've worked hard to kill a buck this year. Been insanely slow. 8 point a hair over 16" inside. Open sight 30/30 at 60 yards.

Great job. It has indeed been a tough year for many of us.

Comment

Congrats to TShelly and CRM_95. Fine looking bucks in a season that's been equally hard on many of us.

Hunting off the South Firelane in Segno, TX

Comment

Meet tripod, she likes to visit at night only. Not sure what happened, but deer sure are tuff critters.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X